• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 9

84 posts in this topic

Wow, I felt okay with the 27, I felt it could have gone .5 either way and would have been happy with 3 points there. The second book to me was the tough one. I had a huge spread on that one, but in the end I just guessed and felt I liked it as much as the other, so I gave them both the same grade.

The second book to me was the tough one. I had a huge spread on that one, but in the end I just guessed and felt I liked it as much as the other, so I gave them both the same grade.

I was deciding between a 6.0 and a 6.5 on that book until I saw the hideously foxed/stained bottom inch of the front cover. After seeing that I didn't think it could possibly be above Fine. :facepalm::acclaim:

Sneaky having both books the same grade, it made me second guess both, which I had at 6.0.

So I went up with one and down with the other lol

Hmmm...I thought the Tales to Astonish had some bad staining that looked like foxing or moisture damage on the bottom two inches of the book, so I gave it a pretty low grade. What was I seeing??? I still can't tell.

My grading finesse. :lol:

Tales of Suspense 27 Final Grade 6.0

I'm thinking

7.0 nope

6.5 outside shot

6.0 likely grade

5.5 possibly due to the foxing and the upper corner chip and minor creasing

5.0 nope

Tales to Astonish 7 Final Grade 6.5

8.0 nope

7.5 nope

7.0 possibly, I've seen some with the spine reader creasing that once pressed made 7.0, but it was a stretch in my opion.

6.5 the likely grade on this one

6.0 depending on if that is staining on the cover.

5.5 nope

The second book to me was the tough one. I had a huge spread on that one, but in the end I just guessed and felt I liked it as much as the other, so I gave them both the same grade.

I was deciding between a 6.0 and a 6.5 on that book until I saw the hideously foxed/stained bottom inch of the front cover. After seeing that I didn't think it could possibly be above Fine. :facepalm::acclaim:

You better load up the Paypal

You spotted me 2 points and now I've got you on the ropes

Or do I. :sumo:

I'm thinking

7.0 nope

6.5 outside shot

6.0 likely grade

5.0 nope

8.0 nope

7.5 nope

7.0 possibly, I've seen some with the spine reader creasing that once pressed made 7.0, but it was a stretch in my opion.

5.5 nope

As I know you have many PH books to compare as well, I did the sensible thing and compared these books to my many many mid-grade PHs...based on the grades of my CGC graded books :tonofbricks: I quickly ruled out 6.0 and higher...went 5.5 on both books... (shrug)

Guess I got some re-subbin' to do... hm

Can I get any bonus points for knowing both books had the same grade?? :insane:

I'm thinking

7.0 nope

6.5 outside shot

6.0 likely grade

5.0 nope

8.0 nope

7.5 nope

5.5 nope

As I know you have many PH books to compare as well, I did the sensible thing and compared these books to my many many mid-grade PHs...based on the grades of my CGC graded books :tonofbricks: I quickly ruled out 6.0 and higher...went 5.5 on both books... (shrug)

Guess I got some re-subbin' to do... hm

Can I get any bonus points for knowing both books had the same grade?? :insane:

That was your first mistake...I used my Iphone.

Sneaky having both books the same grade...

I figured that's what Andy was doing, but with all the stains, heavy foxing, dirty corner creases and CB's, I figured 4.5-4.5 :makepoint:

(tsk) Silly SS, you forgot the 2 grade GA bump