• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Liefeld trying to Kickstart Brigade

35 posts in this topic

He's almost halfway there

Who's dropping $1,500 bucks for this opportunity?

From Kickstarter at the $1,500 level:

Limited to five backers who will receive a rare opportunity to get Rob outside of his residence and grab lunch in sunny Orange County, Ca. Rob will pick up the tab at one of his favorite spots and entertain you with stories from a 27 year career in comic books. Wanna know about Deadpool? Cable? The formation of Image Comics? All fair game as far as lunch gossip goes. In addition, Rob will sign as many comic books and graphic novels you can carry with your own two arms. Winner must provide their own transportation and lodging to Orange County area. Lunch will proceed with an agreed time and place.

I mean - you'll be entertained by Rob Liefeld. That'll probably be a first! He is the second coming after all. One day they'll rename the Eisner's the Liefeld's.

Pledge Amount: $10,000

The entire 1st issue of original BRIGADE #1, 22 interior art pages depicting the momentous origin of the new Brigade team including 1 original variant cover. This is the mother lode of original art deals, the entire issue PLUS the individual cover of your choosing. International pledges add $25 for shipping

Limited (1 of 1 remaining)

Estimated delivery: Nov 2013 [/Quote]

Wow! And it's only $10,025 for me because I'm in Australia!

:whee:

If I lived in California I'd consider it. I've spent more than $1,500 on Liefeld original art.

And my 9-month quest to be able to find and afford New Mutants # 87 was a hallmark of my teenage comic collecting journey.

What a joke

Why is it a joke?

I've meet him and he was great! Plus I got sketch from him and he did not charge me anything for it.

I don't think it's the meeting, I think it's the $1500 price tag placed on a lunch that's concerning the OP.

Your meeting might not have been as satisfying or great if he talked to you, and gave you a sketch along with an invoice for $1500. lol

I can understand when it's people with limited funds and/or limited contacts using Kickstarter but isn't Liefeld a millionaire? And it's not like he doesn't have publishing contacts. Why not let Image print the book?

There has been a recent controversy concerning just that with regard to Zach Braff and Kickstarter.

Zach Braff Pulls A U-Turn And Gets Financing For His Kickstarter Film – So Will Pledges Be Refunded?

I can understand when it's people with limited funds and/or limited contacts using Kickstarter but isn't Liefeld a millionaire? And it's not like he doesn't have publishing contacts. Why not let Image print the book?

FREE publicity.Make it look like there is demand/interest in such a thing.

I've spent more than $1,500 on Liefeld original art.

:o Are you serious??

Yes. I have 6 Liefeld covers from his recent DC titles (Deathstroke, Hawkman, Grifter) that cost me $200-$450 apiece. So it's not that much over $1,500 in aggregate, but I can easily see paying $1,500 for an hour-long discussion with the man, particularly if I can get info and a shot at subsequently buying his remaining original artwork.

It's basic networking, even if he's a pariah now, 12-year old me was a huge fan.

Also--$1,500 is peanuts if it gets you a "special thanks" or "producer" credit on an eventual Brigade comic book. It's a potential way to break into the comic book industry that could lead to further opportunities.

Mind you - if you could swing it to get a CGC witness there.

Wow - 2 whole armfulls of SS Liefeld signed books.

Is that good or bad... hm

The only way this kickstarter seems ok to me is if he does what Silvestri did and give the comic away for free. Other then that I don't think it's right to not use his own money/connections, But I would love to have lunch with him as long as one of his spots is a local Bada Bing.