• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Getting My Walking Dead Collection Graded... bit of a noob

6 posts in this topic

So basically I have around 230 Issues of The Walking Dead.

I really want to get them all graded

They're all high grade really with a couple of exceptions but still if I'm going to get them all graded I cant really expect to have 9.8s all the way through

Values range really as it's pretty much every single issue of The Walking Dead...

But yes... I have the problem that I live in the UK and all grading happens in the US seeing as I would be submitting all of them together I wanted to ask a couple of things firstly there are a couple of dealers that are around my area which do CGC but I've heard they would rape me for postage costs

Would it be a wiser decision to send them off myself? do it through a dealer? or take them to CGC personally (I get cheap flights so it's feasible)

Anyway would really appreciate any help as I've never CGCed before!

Thanks in advance!

So basically I have around 230 Issues of The Walking Dead.

I really want to get them all graded

They're all high grade really with a couple of exceptions but still if I'm going to get them all graded I cant really expect to have 9.8s all the way through

Values range really as it's pretty much every single issue of The Walking Dead...

But yes... I have the problem that I live in the UK and all grading happens in the US seeing as I would be submitting all of them together I wanted to ask a couple of things firstly there are a couple of dealers that are around my area which do CGC but I've heard they would rape me for postage costs

Would it be a wiser decision to send them off myself? do it through a dealer? or take them to CGC personally (I get cheap flights so it's feasible)

Anyway would really appreciate any help as I've never CGCed before!

Thanks in advance!

Cross your fingers and hope CGC accepts submission in the UK at a convention? :wishluck:

I live in the US and I get violated by shipping charges too! Yes, they have touched me there!

Have you contacted Boardie Flaming Telepath?

I believe he submits at discount and seems to be very well respected.He's in the Uk (obviously!)

Are you confident in your grading skills?

If not, scan a few books and go to the "Hey buddy can you spare a grade" forum.

Make sure these books are what you think they are.

Not particularly confident in my grading skills as I've only been collecting for about 6 months I put a couple up but they didn't get much interest except you graded my no1's 2 and 3 (thanks for that btw!)

I'll have a look through them and pick out a couple just to double check I'll post them on one by one as well

and Thanks a lot I'll make sure I message him!