• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OVERZEALOUS ANONYMOUS MODERATION - What's going on here?

113 posts in this topic

Here is a great set of vintage paperbacks including:

a set of Steranko Shadow paperbacks

GGA sleaze paperbacks (be sure to read the text on these... completely over the top!)

and a few others...

:takeit: takes it, no probies. Add $3 for Media Mail for any number of paperbacks. $8 to Canada. If overseas, PM me for shipping costs.

THE SHADOW - with STERANKO original painted covers

Volumes 1-7, 9, 10 and 12. 10 volumes total.

These sublimely beautiful paperbacks were published between 1974 and 1978 by Pyramid/Jove and feature some of the best work that Steranko ever did.

All the books appear to be unread. No spine reading creases. No writing and no tears. General wear, nothing major. All books in better than fine condition. Only minor edge wear, bottom or top of spine wear and minor nicks. Only a couple of small corner creases or color loss at tips of corners. This is a fantastic set of books. Steranko Shadows are becoming very difficult to find in this condition.

$85 for all! (which is $8.50 per book, a very good deal)

IMG_5927_zps045a4e3a.jpg

IMG_5928_zpsa0104b05.jpg

IMG_5929_zps706479e0.jpg

IMG_5930_zpsebe3023a.jpg

and an important book with a completely ridiculous cover that makes it look like the nuclear bomb was dropped on Akron, Ohio:

HIROSHIMA

by John Hersey, Bantam 404, 1948, 1st Bantam printing

Fine copy with two small spine creases, otherwise really nice... possibly unread

$15

img874_zpsed91ef8b.jpg

img875_zps387b0827.jpg

This is a softcover book published by the New Zealand Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament in 1975 titled THE BOMB AND YOU that describes the effects of nuclear weapons, then current state of geopolitics regarding the bomb, and efforts to disarm. In support of the Nuclear Free Pacific Conference. Very scarce book. 32 pages, Very fine condition.

$9

IMG_5465_zps28385525.jpg

This is a vintage and very scarce sideshow "pitch book" that were produced for B&B Shows in the early 1960s, available for sale as souvenirs. Titled "FREAKS : A Collector's Edition of Nature's Human Oddities, Past and Present". I believe these pitch books were also used by Ward Hall at his sideshows (Hall & Leonard, Hall & Christ, Wondercade, World Of Wonders). These pitchbooks are composed of a single 22" x 17" double sided sheet that has been folded into quarters. Printed on both sides and folded twice, no staples. Cover is printed in red and rest of pitch book is printed in black and white. Includes a large number of black and white photographs of "human oddities" from the past and present. Includes "half men", "female torsos", "Chang and Eng" , "Wolf Men", and "Parasitic Monsters". Very fine condition except for scuff upper right corner.

I can provide interior photos upon request.

$45

IMG_6026_zps07ba287b.jpg

This is a softcover book published by the New Zealand Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament in 1975 titled THE BOMB AND YOU that describes the effects of nuclear weapons, then current state of geopolitics regarding the bomb, and efforts to disarm. In support of the Nuclear Free Pacific Conference. Very scarce book. 32 pages, Very fine condition.

$9

IMG_5465_zps28385525.jpg

:takeit:

Ken

I don't know what is going on with this thread. Twice I've had everything but the first two posts removed. I'll have to re-do it tomorrow. It looks like another buyer posted the :takeit: for the A-Bomb book.

Addition:

Looks like some of the listings are now back, but I'm seeing errors on the Boards. I've tried adding more listings three times and they keep disappearing.

THE SHADOW - with STERANKO original painted covers

Volumes 1-7, 9, 10 and 12. 10 volumes total.

These sublimely beautiful paperbacks were published between 1974 and 1978 by Pyramid/Jove and feature some of the best work that Steranko ever did.

All the books appear to be unread. No spine reading creases. No writing and no tears. General wear, nothing major. All books in better than fine condition. Only minor edge wear, bottom or top of spine wear and minor nicks. Only a couple of small corner creases or color loss at tips of corners. This is a fantastic set of books. Steranko Shadows are becoming very difficult to find in this condition.

$85 for all! (which is $8.50 per book, a very good deal)

IMG_5927_zps045a4e3a.jpg

IMG_5928_zpsa0104b05.jpg

IMG_5929_zps706479e0.jpg

IMG_5930_zpsebe3023a.jpg

:takeit:

You removed a bunch of posts THREE TIMES before you decided to tell me that it was inappropriate?

Can you explain to me what was inappropriate about it?

How is it that sales posts containing GGA comic books, undergrounds, GGA pulps, "mens adventure" magazines are permissable and some silly 1950s paperbacks are not?

Inappropriate material moved.

You removed a bunch of posts THREE TIMES before you decided to tell me that it was inappropriate?

How is it that sales posts containing GGA comic books, undergrounds, GGA pulps, "mens adventure" magazines are permissable and some silly 1950s paperbacks are not?

If that is the way it happened it's ridiculous. While I understand moderators have jobs to do, wouldn't communicating with those making the "inappropriate" posts (or better said, posts that moderators deemed inappropriate) be more effective than just removing them?

That's like throwing rocks with speeding tickets taped to them at cars speeding by.

lol

Can cgcmod11 please get a strike for threadcrapping? Screwing with someone trying to sell has been a one way trip to the moderation area for everyone.

Let the guy post his pulps. That's what this forum is for.

Inappropriate material moved.

This is ridiculous. While I understand moderators have jobs to do, wouldn't communicating with those making the "inappropriate" posts be more effective than just removing them?

I spent an hour creating this thread last night and another hour trying to re-post two more times. No warnings, no PMs, no information at all.

What is it with anonymous moderators; this is something new to me. I remember years ago when it was familiar Boardies moderators discussion and sales threads.

Come forward using your Boards username and explain the reason why the material was deleted, why I wasn't notified, and why I was told that the material was "moved" and not told where it was moved. I don't see these posts anywhere.

Can cgcmod11 please get a strike for threadcrapping? Screwing with someone trying to sell has been a one way trip to the moderation area for everyone.

Let the guy post his pulps. That's what this forum is for.

Thanks for the support. I don't want to see any censorship in the discussion or sales threads that is unwarranted. I don't ever recall seeing posts deleted without notification.

First word masking and now phantom moderating.

I was following this thread last night and observed the "case of the disappearing posts" and attributed it to a glitch. This is worse than I thought.