• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OVERZEALOUS ANONYMOUS MODERATION - What's going on here?

113 posts in this topic

I think the lot of you have PMS;)

I like *Paul*, I've spoken to him on the phone, bought from him and I was not the person who reported it...I'm not much of a prude, either...

However, I was just reading some of the back covers and they are downright creepy. Lots of Whips biting into HER tortured Flesh stuff.

Maybe it if was "his tortured flesh" I'd feel more comfortable, but personally that stuff creeps me out...

and except for Cheetah, my guess is I own as much GGA as anyone who has posted in this thread. It's not the same stuff. I never think it's sexy, I just like the covers, love the imaginative monsters, the colors and the art...and I've never gotten creeped out by a GGA cover.

I'm rarely bothered by ANY of the pictures posted...naked, not naked...etc. but the whip stuff sounds like of sadistic to me.

So my guess is there was at least one other person who was not comfortable who complained

I'm actually fine with that.

My issue is with the anonymous modding and deletion of posts multiple times without either notification or ability to move the posts to another forum, adjust wording, etc.

If content is the issue, how about the "Sinful Woman" paperback? There's racier stuff in Yo Gabba Gabba !

lol

I like *Paul*, I've spoken to him on the phone, bought from him and I was not the person who reported it...I'm not much of a prude, either...

However, I was just reading some of the back covers and they are downright creepy. Lots of Whips biting into HER tortured Flesh stuff.

Maybe it if was "his tortured flesh" I'd feel more comfortable, but personally that stuff creeps me out...

and except for Cheetah, my guess is I own as much GGA as anyone who has posted in this thread. It's not the same stuff. I never think it's sexy, I just like the covers, love the imaginative monsters, the colors and the art...and I've never gotten creeped out by a GGA cover.

I'm rarely bothered by ANY of the pictures posted...naked, not naked...etc. but the whip stuff sounds like of sadistic to me.

So my guess is there was at least one other person who was not comfortable who complained

My issue is with the anonymous modding and deletion of posts multiple times without either notification or ability to move the posts to another forum, adjust wording, etc.

If content is the issue, how about the "Sinful Woman" paperback? There's racier stuff in Yo Gabba Gabba !

I dunno which one that book was, but I'm pretty sure it was established that when a post is removed, others just seem to go with them. Looked like they even put some back.

I know zip about software

I do know, that I'm pretty sure none of the outraged people who posted are into abuse...they just didn't put it together.

Have a lovely morning, some of us have less fun stuff to do;) :foryou:

Regarding violence and abuse, I could provide hundreds of examples of FAR FAR worse stuff in comic books that has been posted in the Gold forum.

I find it imporant to separate endorsement from historical interest. For instance, I collect pre-code horror books with lurid covers. My interest in them actually began through my interest in SOTI, the Code, and cultural norms of the 50s and 60s. I think they are historical artifacts that should be preserved.

I've sold a wide variety of material on the Boards. This particular group of paperbacks (which is only a subset of a larger thread I did in February) came from a single collection. "Campus Town" was one of the books. I don't endorse what a book like that stands for, but then again, I also don't endorse what's happening on the cover of Suspense Comics 3. However, I did think the Boards would find the books to be interesting, so I decided to sell them here. I don't collect this stuff, but I think that they belong in someone's collection.

I hope other people continue to bring interesting fringe material to the Boards for us to see, sell, and trade. However, with the current moderation here, I fear that is not going to happen. I'll think twice the next time I come across a collection of material that I would like to sell on the Boards because I don't want to go through the hassle of listing a bunch of material three times only to have everything deleted without explanation or notification.

I would like to discuss moderation of this sales forum, and the Boards in general with a wider audience. The question is, do I post in the Gold/Silver/Bronze forum (from where most of the people in this sales thread frequent), risking a mod deleting the thread or moving it, or do I put it in General where few Gold/Silver/Bronze people would see it?

I guess one persons cool esoteric culturally bizarre collecting habits is another persons nightmares. I still get creeped out by Greggy's strawberry shortcake fetish.

Regarding violence and abuse, I could provide hundreds of examples of FAR FAR worse stuff in comic books that has been posted in the Gold forum.

I would like to discuss moderation of this sales forum, and the Boards in general with a wider audience. The question is, do I post in the Gold/Silver/Bronze forum (from where most of the people in this sales thread frequent), risking a mod deleting the thread or moving it, or do I put it in General where few Gold/Silver/Bronze people would see it?

1lfrl.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

Like CSS 22?

For a further discussion, I'd say CG....

Might be fun. hm

I think Rupp had a thread complaining about moderation in CG a week or so ago..how did that work out?

Last I looked it seemed to be part of the locked points challenged game.

That is true Sharon.

The problem with any thread that isn't started by a select few is that they get attacked by certain Locked Points Challenge members for points. Who, in turn, run back to that thread to gloat about their conquests and perceived points gained.

I'm all for a fun game... but its getting boarderline malicious.

IMO... the LPC thread is one of the main causes of the majority of threads getting locked in the first place.

This thread just wasted about 20 minutes of my life and time I should have been working. THANKS IT WAS GREAT.

Like others have suggested, I don't think it was the racey material. I think it was more the fact that these books aren't related to comics. I'd say move them to the Random stuff marketplace and see what happens.

And I don't think anyone disagree with your point about being notified. It would have been nice if they dropped you a line, or if they just moved your thread there for you.

How about the "Orgy"-something one you posted that had a naked woman on the front cover?

How about the "Orgy"-something one you posted that had a naked woman on the front cover?

A naked butt? Here's more if you're interested:

tumblr_m0pw99D19q1r34y4ho1_500.jpg

This thread just wasted about 20 minutes of my life and time I should have been working. THANKS IT WAS GREAT.

Like others have suggested, I don't think it was the racey material. I think it was more the fact that these books aren't related to comics. I'd say move them to the Random stuff marketplace and see what happens.

And I don't think anyone disagree with your point about being notified. It would have been nice if they dropped you a line, or if they just moved your thread there for you.

While I think the books belong in the Mixed forum, I do believe the Mod should have explained why they were removed.

It's like sending a child to bed without their supper without telling them why they are being punished. Will the behavior be repeated, probably because you don't understand what the punishment was all about.

At least the mods should say we have no problem with someone selling Playboys as in some eyes it celebrates beauty, but those paperback books even though they are from a different time period is degrading to women.

At least the mods should say we have no problem with someone selling Playboys as in some eyes it celebrates beauty, but those paperback books even though they are from a different time period is degrading to women.

Who are the mods?

I think Rupp had a thread complaining about moderation in CG a week or so ago..how did that work out?

That is true Sharon.

The problem with any thread that isn't started by a select few is that they get attacked by certain Locked Points Challenge members for points. Who, in turn, run back to that thread to gloat about their conquests and perceived points gained.

IMO... the LPC thread is one of the main causes of the majority of threads getting locked in the first place.

lol

No.

While I think the books belong in the Mixed forum, I do believe the Mod should have explained why they were removed.

It's like sending a child to bed without their supper without telling them why they are being punished. Will the behavior be repeated, probably because you don't understand what the punishment was all about.

An explanation of the rules is required if you are to have any chance at effectively enforcing the rules.

The mods can make all the rules they want but if we are not sure what rules have been violated then there is no way to know what is a nogo and what is permitted.

That is true Sharon.

lol

No.

Case in point... right here hm

That is true Sharon.

lol

No.

Case in point... right here hm

And you're just the innocent victim here correct? lol

You just can't let anything go. Case in point right back atcha

I would have thought it obvious if a post or posts gets removed but the rest of the thread stays the same, that there was moderator intervention. (shrug)

At any rate, the rules about sexuality are, to be sure, fluid. Just because one thing is allowed doesn't mean something else that seems of equivalent salaciousness will be, as well.

It's all a judgment call. I think some of you should have to moderate a board sometime before you get all pissy about some perceived injustice. It's like having to explain to someone who's never been a server in a restaurant why giving 10% is unacceptable.

I will gladly moderate this board... where do I sign up. :banana:

You should ask Mod0.

Also, I apologise for the use of the word "pissy", supra. Was inappropriate of me

Mod0 would be the "go to" person to ask

...and yes you should apologize for using that word... its masking for profanity as was explained to me here...

You are being given a warning about masking in the sales threads. I did not pull this post -- http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6688523&fpart=1 -- (this time) because it would have disrupted the entire thread.

Next time you use any variation of the "s" word (or any other swear), your post will be pulled and you will be suspended.

Thanks.

Be ready for your forthcoming PM warning you of impending suspension should you use it again. :grin:

Just in case anyone thinks this is a thread disruption...

HIROSHIMA $15 :takeit: