• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sparkle City e-bay auctions

12 posts in this topic

Wow!!! Put in some healthly bids tonight on Sparkle City's e-bay auctions and I was blown out of the water. Is it just me or does it seem like people are way over-paying for some of these books.

Example: Suspense #4 (8.5) went for $625?

A number of these are available right now (some even higher grade) for much less.

Am I missing something?

Sparkle City rocks--among others. I sometimes bid just because they are a good company. I forget who it was (years ago) but I loved bidding on their stuff just because I knew I would get it in a few days and they would always include a handwritten thank you note.

I buy through them for the excess bubble wrap that I can use for my own auctions.

Plain and simple...

They're awesome.

Being in Canada they are very accommodating (though no free shipping :()

Awesome scans, well packaged, super fast shipping and lots of weekly auctions so there's always something available.

I buy through them for the excess bubble wrap that I can use for my own auctions.

Plain and simple...

You should buy some stuff from me sometime.

-slym

Anyone who has something I am looking for at the price I am willing to pay can do business with me.

(So long as they include a mountain of bubble wrap in the box)

Plain and simple...

You should buy some stuff from me sometime.

Anyone who has something I am looking for at the price I am willing to pay can do business with me.

(So long as they include a mountain of bubble wrap in the box)

That's what I was getting at!

:makepoint:(:

-slym

won my first Sparkle city auction this weekend too... again got a great price.

Honestly eBay has burned me so bad that I assumed I'd get shilled way up in the last seconds but my bid held up in the last 5 minutes with no upbidding.

(Im not saying that sparkle shills, in fact the opposite, Im just so tired of seeing my high bids get shilled up at the last second that I assume it will always happen... this time Im was happily surprised!)