• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

POLL: Best "Robot" comic covers?

181 posts in this topic

What are some of the best "Robot" comic book covers of all time? Not asking about pulps...but newstand comic books from any age. I think it might be a neat focus for a collection.

This was the first Golden Age Superman book I purchased, specifically for the Robot Cover...

It's on my "from my cold dead hands" list.

I know that I have shown this before, but this is one my most favorite books in my collection.

02C1037F-98E6-4318-ABAF-57F9F940A3D8-5698-000004036C76CE29.jpg

What are some of the best "Robot" comic book covers of all time? Not asking about pulps...but newstand comic books from any age. I think it might be a neat focus for a collection.

startling-comics-0491_zps008e8cf8.jpg

^^

^^^^^^^^^

That is the dogs nads, right there.

One sold on here very recently.

I was sooooo tempted. What a great cover!

One day, if I find an lower grade but presentable copy of Human Torch #23, I would like to add this to my collection...

23-1.jpg

^^

It's either that or this:

0602_ironmonster.jpg

^^

0602_ironmonster.jpg

:applause:

I remember seeing this in the mid 90's and being 'wowed'

One day I will rebuild this set as well. I regret selling the series.

magnus02.jpg

^^

0602_ironmonster.jpg

I have to be honest, in my opinion, only the Fantastic 3 is a decent robot cover. The robots in the Action looks pretty "silly" as does the one in the Human Torch and the one in the Startling is just so-so (never understood why it is a "classic" cover).

^^

0602_ironmonster.jpg

I have to be honest, in my opinion, only the Fantastic 3 is a decent robot cover. The robots in the Action looks pretty "silly" as does the one in the Human Torch and the one in the Startling is just so-so (never understood why it is a "classic" cover).

I applaud your bravery. To display such raw, naked boat-missing must have been hard. :baiting:

Ultron is a robot right?

detail.jpg

Really?

lol

If I want to look at 25 consecutive posts quoting Startling 49 I'll go to the GA forum robot cover thread.......trying to mix it up. You want me to throw a SpiderSlayer cover up next?

Ultron is a robot right?

detail.jpg

Really?

lol

If I want to look at 25 consecutive posts quoting Startling 49 I'll go to the GA forum robot cover thread.......trying to mix it up. You want me to throw a SpiderSlayer cover up next?

Ah, that's better! lol