• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Wolverine trailer

91 posts in this topic

I heard something along the lines of a frictional air rear turbulence. But then it passed on by just as quick.

stink.gif

Are you lactose intolerant?

I heard something along the lines of a frictional air rear turbulence. But then it passed on by just as quick.

stink.gif

At least we know you aren't musterbation deficient.

REMEMBER

QjaoR7L.jpg

Black & White...and proud!

stink.gif

REMEMBER

QjaoR7L.jpg

I have no idea what you're talking about. Pretend for a minute that I can't read your mind and explain it to me please?

No, he's not...he's actually saying BOTH. I'm willing to bet you can find a quote of Stan Lee saying he liked Ghost Rider: Spirits of Vengeance...doesn't mean it's true.

Given his druthers, I would bet my house that Claremont would prefer that if they were going to make a movie based on his work, that he would rather it be closer to the source than it will be.

Alan Moore loved what they did with his work so much that he refused to have his name on the projects and openly talked poorly of them. Probably because he doesn't care if he ever works for DC again.

Casey, are we reading the same article?

CBR News: You haven't had any new comic book work published for a few years now. Do you feel like that's something that you're going to return to again in the future?

Fans are anxious to see what Bryan Singer does with Claremont's classic "Days of Future Past" storyline in the movie of the same name

Chris Claremont: Oh, I always like to return to it, but at the moment there seems to be no enthusiasm. Marvel seems to have its focus on other talents. Fresher talents, I guess in the opinion of the current editorial staff.

In terms of creator-owned material, the options and opportunities aren't as fertile, I guess. It's hard to compete with the guaranteed income one might -- an artist would get from Marvel or DC, and the guarantee (especially) of after-production income. In terms of selling the pages at conventions and the like, for something that is, perhaps owned by the creators, but has no guarantee of success.

This doesn't even sound like he is wooing Marvel to take him back for additional comic book work. If anything, he is talking about the current negative side of the industry.

Seriously. Read the entire interview. He doesn't bash Marvel or the movie studios. He's disappointed from the tone of the interview. But he also sounds hopefully that he will enjoy what comes out of the final film.

I'm not getting the hidden agenda you are picking up on.

+1

As someone who has met and spoken to him at length about past and future projects he is proud of the work he has done and that even though the source material might not be followed he considers it an honor that studios have consulted with him for the representation of his characters and their backstories.

I am so sick of everyone on the boards being overly critical that source material or the characterization of comic book heroes is not staying true to their original likeness when translated to movies. Do any of you understand what it takes to get a -script, a budget and a cast approved in Hollywood? How can you not realize that interest in our hobby and what you collect is at an all-time high versus previous generations? Do you not wonder at the fact that Hollywood is in the business now to drive the comic book genre to new heights?

Everyone who knows me on the boards knows that I am a die-hard X-Men and Wolverine fan and I would be the first to say that X-Men: The Last Stand was not a good movie - I disliked it. BUT it was the third X-Men movie made in a trilogy. And there are now 7 if you include the two Wolverine movies and 2 new crossover movies First Class / Days of Future Past. 7 movies from a franchise people – 7! Hell the Godfather had only 3!

Do I wish Wolverine was shorter and wearing yellow with stripes – sure. If the movie won’t be made because of the biatching and whining of fanboys – no thanks. Let’s hope Hollywood does their best and it doesn’t suck but I will never regret the fact that someone is trying to bring the comic book characters that I love to life while I am living and breathing on this world and I can enjoy them with my kids. I have never been prouder than the day my 11-year old and now my 6 year old asked for their own comics and we sit down together to talk about origins, powers and stories – this is not because of my comic collection – IT IS BECAUSE HOLLYWOOD BROUGHT THEM TO LIFE.

Well said. :applause:

No, he's not...he's actually saying BOTH. I'm willing to bet you can find a quote of Stan Lee saying he liked Ghost Rider: Spirits of Vengeance...doesn't mean it's true.

Given his druthers, I would bet my house that Claremont would prefer that if they were going to make a movie based on his work, that he would rather it be closer to the source than it will be.

Alan Moore loved what they did with his work so much that he refused to have his name on the projects and openly talked poorly of them. Probably because he doesn't care if he ever works for DC again.

CBR News: You haven't had any new comic book work published for a few years now. Do you feel like that's something that you're going to return to again in the future?

Fans are anxious to see what Bryan Singer does with Claremont's classic "Days of Future Past" storyline in the movie of the same name

Chris Claremont: Oh, I always like to return to it, but at the moment there seems to be no enthusiasm. Marvel seems to have its focus on other talents. Fresher talents, I guess in the opinion of the current editorial staff.

In terms of creator-owned material, the options and opportunities aren't as fertile, I guess. It's hard to compete with the guaranteed income one might -- an artist would get from Marvel or DC, and the guarantee (especially) of after-production income. In terms of selling the pages at conventions and the like, for something that is, perhaps owned by the creators, but has no guarantee of success.

This doesn't even sound like he is wooing Marvel to take him back for additional comic book work. If anything, he is talking about the current negative side of the industry.

Seriously. Read the entire interview. He doesn't bash Marvel or the movie studios. He's disappointed from the tone of the interview. But he also sounds hopefully that he will enjoy what comes out of the final film.

+1

As someone who has met and spoken to him at length about past and future projects he is proud of the work he has done and that even though the source material might not be followed he considers it an honor that studios have consulted with him for the representation of his characters and their backstories.

I am so sick of everyone on the boards being overly critical that source material or the characterization of comic book heroes is not staying true to their original likeness when translated to movies. Do any of you understand what it takes to get a -script, a budget and a cast approved in Hollywood? How can you not realize that interest in our hobby and what you collect is at an all-time high versus previous generations? Do you not wonder at the fact that Hollywood is in the business now to drive the comic book genre to new heights?

Everyone who knows me on the boards knows that I am a die-hard X-Men and Wolverine fan and I would be the first to say that X-Men: The Last Stand was not a good movie - I disliked it. BUT it was the third X-Men movie made in a trilogy. And there are now 7 if you include the two Wolverine movies and 2 new crossover movies First Class / Days of Future Past. 7 movies from a franchise people – 7! Hell the Godfather had only 3!

Do I wish Wolverine was shorter and wearing yellow with stripes – sure. If the movie won’t be made because of the biatching and whining of fanboys – no thanks. Let’s hope Hollywood does their best and it doesn’t suck but I will never regret the fact that someone is trying to bring the comic book characters that I love to life while I am living and breathing on this world and I can enjoy them with my kids. I have never been prouder than the day my 11-year old and now my 6 year old asked for their own comics and we sit down together to talk about origins, powers and stories – this is not because of my comic collection – IT IS BECAUSE HOLLYWOOD BROUGHT THEM TO LIFE.

"And it sometimes seems to me this attitude has been turned "all the way to 11" by so many modern, self-declared "fans". Spider-Man, the X-Men, the Fantastic Four, Captain America, etc, etc -- miles from the source material. Sometimes even going out of their way to MOCK the source material. Yet fans will jump thru the hoops and drink the Hollywood Kool-Aid. "Well, they couldn't put them in costumes! That would look silly on the Big Screen." Hushed reverence when we invoke the Big Screen of course. Movies are SO much BETTER than comics, after all. Moviemakers can *spoon* upon the source material (and the fans) from whatever heights they choose, and the magpies will still flock to the box office to pay to watch the shiny stuff. "

Better said :applause:

stink.gif

REMEMBER

QjaoR7L.jpg

I have no idea what you're talking about. Pretend for a minute that I can't read your mind and explain it to me please?

I'd rather not disrupt your views on the world. Better to keep it simple.

black-and-white-world-md.png

stink.gif

REMEMBER

QjaoR7L.jpg

I'd rather not disrupt your views on the world. Better to keep it simple.

black-and-white-world-md.png

Wow, you got it bud (thumbs u

Not nice when someone cuts you off with "you are not a fan" or "all you want is a black and white world", right?

Now I'll say a prayer you'll see the Wolverine movie with an open mind, clear head, and a willingness to allow for creative alteration of traditional content.

Dear Lord, baby Jesus...

Not nice when someone cuts you off with "you are not a fan" or "all you want is a black and white world", right?

Now I'll say a prayer you'll see the Wolverine movie with an open mind, clear head, and a willingness to allow for creative alteration of traditional content.

Dear Lord, baby Jesus...

Cocoa_Puffs_shirt_link_zps74587ae0.jpg

+1

"And it sometimes seems to me this attitude has been turned "all the way to 11" by so many modern, self-declared "fans". Spider-Man, the X-Men, the Fantastic Four, Captain America, etc, etc -- miles from the source material. Sometimes even going out of their way to MOCK the source material. Yet fans will jump thru the hoops and drink the Hollywood Kool-Aid. "Well, they couldn't put them in costumes! That would look silly on the Big Screen." Hushed reverence when we invoke the Big Screen of course. Movies are SO much BETTER than comics, after all. Moviemakers can *spoon* upon the source material (and the fans) from whatever heights they choose, and the magpies will still flock to the box office to pay to watch the shiny stuff. "

Eh no, not really. lol

You know this isn't a competition, right?

+1

Eh no, not really. lol

Yes. I also know what you were applauding was a big pile of krappola. lol

Dear Lord, baby Jesus...

Cocoa_Puffs_shirt_link_zps74587ae0.jpg

lol

+1

You are pathetic. Are you going to repeat that quote (see page 6) every time someone agrees with me or applauds?

+1

You are pathetic. Are you going to repeat that quote (see page 6) every time someone agrees with me or applauds?

I don't know, I've only repeated it once so far. But it bears repeating in the face of foolishness.

+1

Eh no, not really. lol

comics-wolverine-get-mad-teaser.jpg

+1

Eh no, not really. lol

comics-wolverine-get-mad-teaser.jpg

:fear: