• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Key Archie Covers?

28 posts in this topic

One of my favorites featuring the Archie radio show. Pep #36 as well as #41-49 are highly collectible since they feature the Shield and Archie together.

Pep-42Rockford_zps31229620.jpg

I am working on a book "The Art of Archie: The Covers" with Victor Gorelick. It'a a followup to our book ""The Art of Betty and Veronica" which was very well received. Most of the above covers we love, too, and will be in the book--you guys have great taste! Looking for original art to include, please get in touch if you have such. BTW 143ksk is a MAJOR help on our books, a consummate Archie collector and a great pleasure to work with. Please keep posting your faves, I'll be studying your choices carefully and welcome any kind of suggestions. THANKS!!!

Anybody have any info on George Frese?

He worked on the Archie books from about 1950-1953 and then seemingly disappeared. From what I've read, he died rather young and unexpectedly.

GCD has no other info on him other than the Archie books...

That's pretty much all I know about him :(