• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your price paid per book comfort zone?

Comfort zone for price paid for a book l  

462 members have voted

1. 1. Comfort zone for price paid for a book l

46 posts in this topic

The most I have spent on a single book is just under $4000, but for some of the stuff I still want, I would pay more.

I just never get that far, as soon as I start saving for something, another book appears and I am skint again

The most I have spent on a single book is just under $4000, but for some of the stuff I still want, I would pay more.

I just never get that far, as soon as I start saving for something, another book appears and I am skint again

Yeah, what he said.

My max (so far) for an individual book, cash only, is $700. I've given nearly that much in cash and twice as much in trade for another, and I could see myself going up to a thousand if I had cash in hand for the right copy of a book I want *coughincrediblehulk1cough* *hackavengers1hack* but that would be about my top end for out of pocket

If time payments were involved maybe double that.

I went $1000 as I feel I would be willing to drop a grand no problem (and be able to hide it from the wife over a few months), but will have second thoughts the higher it goes from there.

Pretty much sums up my situation also.

:insane:

whatever it takes.

CAL

Which when it comes to IMSM #1 it isn't much. lol

Probably should've added more options.

$50 - one eyebrow goes up

$200 - hand trembles a bit when typing in Paypal payment info

$500 - sweats like a comic nerd

Doesn't it very much depend on the book.

I don't think anyone would be comfortable paying $100k for a Spawn #1 9.4 but I think we would all love to buy an Action #1 9.4 for $100k

I wouldn't know where to get $100K...

:o

The most I have spent on a comic is $450, twice. Once on my X-Men #94, and again on what was supposed to be a NM Hulk 181. The X-Men was worth it (at the time, maybe if I CGC it now) but the Hulk... that was quite a story. I got ripped off, is the shortest way I can put it.

Here is my near-mints Hulk 181, later sold to a boardie here who made a generous offer for it, considering its condition:

nm01nz0.jpg

That picture makes it look good, too. *sigh*

I WILL FIND YOU ONE DAY, MATT EDWARDS OF HOUSTON, TEXAS! If you didn't really die, I might make you wish you had.

:censored:

-slym