• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two Sell or not to Sell posted by bagofleas

2 posts in this topic

There is NO question...

I will NEVER sell the comic book that sits in the number two spot of my PSL!

Never never never. Get it? Got it? GOOD!

What issue demands so much loyalty from free?...

DAREDEVIL #168 9.6

Wait a minute, you might say. What is so special about this issue? Yeah, it is a huge Copper Age key and has good value to it, but there are plenty of them out there in both 9.6 and 9.8 condition. You could pick up a copy any time you wanted, including a higher graded copy, so what gives?

You are correct. I could get a better copy without any problem. In fact, I may actually do that at some point. But the sentimentality would not be there for the higher graded issue. This copy reminds me of my father, who unfortunately has passed away.

If you go back to my journal titled JOURNEY OF A KEY you will be able to read all the details of this particular comic. But in brief, it was acquired by me and my father 27 years ago in raw form and after holding onto it for all that time, I had it graded at Megacon this year.

This book holds the most memories and nostalgia of my father and the joy and fun we had collecting comic books together over the years. I start tearing up every time I pick it up and look at it.

I could not part with this thing even if I wanted to. I just would not be able to bring myself to do it. It is a part of my dad that I still have in my life. So of all the issues in my PSL, THIS one holds the most sentimentality for me. That is why it sits so high on my list.

What could possibly top such an emotionally connected issue? You will find out in my next PSL journal, where I will reveal my #1 !!!!!

13652.jpg

See more journals by bagofleas