• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

legit autographs on Ebay?

35 posts in this topic

To me, some of these autographs and sketches look "off". I just wanted to ask your opinions on these. My original post came off as accusatory and I'm sorry for that. I would just like other opinions on these, thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sgt.rock2012/m.html?item=251278751537&pt=US_Comic_Books&_from=R40&_sacat=0&hash=item3a81617731&_nkw=signed&_sop=16

Just out of curiousity how can you tell these are fakes ?

I just found an X-Men number one yesterday . Has a Stan Lee signature bottom corner . I put it up on ebay , I said in the listing I can not verify signature . Even though Stan was just in town this past weekend . I could have just said thats where I got it signed .

I would hate for someone to post saying it was fake without knowing for sure .

Even with COAs signatures can be faked.

That's a serious accusation without some sort of proof.

That's a serious accusation without some sort of proof.

Not really. It's not like anything would happen to the seller even if it's true.

Maybe eBay wouldn't do anything...

but local and state law in some places levy some pretty serious consequences for the sale of fake antiques and collectibles...

provided there is...proof.

Just wanted to warn the community about these obviously faked autographs, some even with horribly faked sketches on the cover. Some of them have bids and there's no way to warn the buyers.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sgt.rock2012/m.html?item=251278751537&pt=US_Comic_Books&_from=R40&_sacat=0&hash=item3a81617731&_nkw=signed&_sop=16

I've purchased (from April 2012) from this seller before as well as spoke to him about a transaction, and I'd have to say this person was on the level and treated me like a quality customer. He actually sent me a freebie Sudyam auto'd book with my order. A very nice guy who went out of his way to provide me good customer service and work with me on my order that had some USPS problems. And that was a year ago, with 100% feedback since.

I think we need a little more than one man's opinion if accusations are going to be made about forged autographs. I'd expect comparisons, etc for something as serious as forgery.

@masterlogan2000 Who did that sketch in your avatar?

I had Kirkman sign a butt load of my walking deads, invincibles and marvel zombies at san diego comic con around 2007 or 08 maybe. So I compared all of them to that ebay dudes posts and other ebay sellers signature series cgc's and basically it's really hard to tell. They look different but there are a lot of variables like year they were signed or some artists or writers change up their sigs for various reasons. We need an expert up in this joint. Which I'm not.

What makes you think they are fakes?

Just wanted to warn the community about these obviously faked autographs, some even with horribly faked sketches on the cover. Some of them have bids and there's no way to warn the buyers.

I also have dealt with this seller before and I am 100% sure you had better post some legit proof that these are fake.

I don't see anything that looks fake either.

Sorry, did not mean to come off so accusatory. I should have stated that it is my opinion. To me the TMNT autographs look very off compared to legit ones, and the sketches on those books look very messy and shaky. I am not saying they are definitely fake, but they raise some flags to me.

tough to call out "messy" con signatures/quick sketches as fake.

Between crowds, lines, and other conditions affecting the guys ability to sign, heck Eastman might have needed to go pee and whipped one out fast before he whipped ou... never mind... you get my point.

Signees sign differently under different conditions, and these books could have been a big raw stack that the creators were rushing thru to keep the crowd moving (thus signature inconsistancies, and shakiness)...