• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don't use Goo Be Gone to remove a sticker from a CGC holder posted by Goofy Pine

11 posts in this topic

liquified

I am so angry right now. I just bought Mad issue #159 in grade 9.6 which is the highest grade by 2.6 and guess what? a price sticker was stuck to the CGC holder, so being the compulsive person I am, I pulled out the "Goo Be Gone" which for those who don't know,is a liquid that removes stickers...

well let me put it this way... I destroyed the holder, I started by putting some goo be gone on a paper towel and rubbing off the sticker residue, then the CGC holder started to liquefy, by the end I was squirting streams of this on the holder. Needless to say, the holder is destroyed, so I boxed it up and await Monday to send it to CGC for a reholder.

Live and Learn...

See more journals by Goofy Pine

...then the CGC holder started to liquefy, by the end I was squirting streams of this on the holder.

So the Goo Be Gone was liquefying the CGC holder and you kept squirting it on the holder?

(shrug) Im confused

Removable damn stickers like ComicConnect and Heritage would be the easiest way. It's only been brought up for nearly a decade but Josh doesn't seem to care.

Use WD-40

I second this.

Further advice for anyone going this route - first spray it into a plastic cup outside and use a small eyedropper pipette to actually apply it to the goo on the slab, or else the WD-40 will get everywhere. Maybe there is a WD-40 product that comes out in drops instead of a spray but I haven't looked.

Removable damn stickers like ComicConnect and Heritage would be the easiest way. It's only been brought up for nearly a decade but Josh doesn't seem to care.
I'll bet they'd care if people stopped buying from their auctions and sending emails stating the reason why.