• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Isn't Batman #608 and Superman #204 proof that comics don't need to be....

61 posts in this topic

Marvel should look and learn.

Trouble is, they never do. crazy.gif

Unfortunately that is so true. Maybe they will go bankrupt and DC will buy them out after this latest series of relaunches. I won't be buying the Captain America, Ironman, or Thor titles when they relaunch. For the most part I only bought those titles because the somewhat tied in with the Avengers title I loved. No more. I will still buy some relaunched titles (like Avengers) if the writing is good, which I would have done even if they didn't relaunch, but any marginal titles I was buying from Marvel have been crossed-off my weekly list.

Considering this is now the 4th relaunch on many of Marvels "core" titles, the 1st being the 12 issue mini-series, the second being the 3rd set of numbers, the third being the "dual" numbering system......

I am thinking many collectors/readers who have recognized Marvel's attempts at cashing in on #1 issues, #500 issues, variant cover issues and "last" issues will see this for what it is and quit.

Hope I'm wrong. crazy.gif

I'm sure I'm in the minority here,but if I like a book ,I don't care if its #5 of a third relaunch or if its issue #500.

If Marvel feels that starting established series over at #1 will pump sales,bring in new readers and help LCSs stay in business,so be it.Perhaps two years from now,somebody will decide that its easier to collect the run of 23 New Avengers books in the series, as opposed to attempting the 523 issues in the entire "real" run.

As long as they tie up all the loose ends and don't do it every year or so,I don't really mind.

As someone who loved collecting Wolverines series, I hated it when they went back to #1! Admittedly, the story was getting a bit draggy by the end, but it really didnt pick up that well when they reverted back. And I feel like I accomplished more when I build a collection that continues on in numbers, then have to start all over again at #1!

As someone who loved collecting Wolverines series, I hated it when they went back to #1! Admittedly, the story was getting a bit draggy by the end, but it really didnt pick up that well when they reverted back. And I feel like I accomplished more when I build a collection that continues on in numbers, then have to start all over again at #1!

wait till # 20 JR JR thumbsup2.gif

JR JR AND Millar doing what looks like some fun stuff. That's a perfect example of Marvel doing things the current "DC" way. Get a great creative team on a book and "magically" people get excited. I didn't buy the new #1, but I'll at least buy the first issue with the new team.

I've ordered Iron Man based upon recommendations from here

Personally, I've never been a fan of Iron Man, but with Granov doing the art and Ellis writing, you really can't go wrong. At DragonCon, when asked why he wanted to do such a mainstream book, Ellis's reply was that he really wanted to work with Granov, so that's saying something there.

I stuck through Wolverine's reboot because I love the character. Same with the Punisher. I am dropping Captain America and Ironman because they aren't my favorites and I am not loyal enough to them to suffer through a reboot (I am guessing I am not the only one). Now, if I find out later that the writing and art is spectacular I just might pick them up. From now on they will have to prove themselves before I bite and buy them. I am buying what I like and that is it (which is what I should have done all along foreheadslap.gif). No more crappy Spidey, Wolvie, etc... limited series for me. I still can't believe I bought both Spidey/Doc Ock limited series when they were pure [!@#%^&^]. tonofbricks.gif I was able to resist the temptation of buying Hulk/Thing and Elektra limited series this past week. I guess I am just a recovering weekly comic addict. Hopefully, I won't have a relapse any time soon.

I stuck through Wolverine's reboot because I love the character. Same with the Punisher. I am dropping Captain America and Ironman because they aren't my favorites and I am not loyal enough to them to suffer through a reboot (I am guessing I am not the only one). Now, if I find out later that the writing and art is spectacular I just might pick them up. From now on they will have to prove themselves before I bite and buy them. I am buying what I like and that is it (which is what I should have done all along foreheadslap.gif). No more crappy Spidey, Wolvie, etc... limited series for me. I still can't believe I bought both Spidey/Doc Ock limited series when they were pure [!@#%^&^]. tonofbricks.gif I was able to resist the temptation of buying Hulk/Thing and Elektra limited series this past week. I guess I am just a recovering weekly comic addict. Hopefully, I won't have a relapse any time soon.

i hear you there , i go to L C S weekly , but the most $ i take $ 20 , and i say"If i only could buy

one book , to keep ", and thats how i keep it down to about $ 10 a week.

No more crappy Spidey, Wolvie, etc... limited series for me. I still can't believe I bought both Spidey/Doc Ock limited series when they were pure [!@#%^&^]. tonofbricks.gif I was able to resist the temptation of buying Hulk/Thing and Elektra limited series this past week. I guess I am just a recovering weekly comic addict. Hopefully, I won't have a relapse any time soon.

i've also made an attempt not to buy any limited series, as most are ripped off. why do we have a limited series with for the current Hulk/The Thing while it can be numbered as Incredible Hulk 77? my point is if they are good solo stories, they should be part of the current series. limited series like Identity Crisis or Secret War is ok as they are bring characters from different part of DC/Marvel Universe to tell a story. and please no more Annuals.

i've also made an attempt not to buy any limited series, as most are ripped off. why do we have a limited series with for the current Hulk/The Thing while it can be numbered as Incredible Hulk 77? my point is if they are good solo stories, they should be part of the current series. limited series like Identity Crisis or Secret War is ok as they are bring characters from different part of DC/Marvel Universe to tell a story. and please no more Annuals.

I kinda like Annuals... confused-smiley-013.gifcrazy.gif

I would first like to say Hi since this is my second post out here. I've enjoyed reading through your extensice knowlage in the old post and hope I can learn more by posting long with ya.

Anyways I think the biggest deal with our modern day comics is people are getting turned off when a series is restarted. Exspecaily a series that sucked the last 2- 3 runs of it frown.gif This stuff is one of the main things that turned me off back in the 90's. Its time for a new comic univers and no one wants to do it from what I can tell. So fair most of the books on the shelf is sold because of the art work or a variation. I hope most people understand that variations are nothing new and that a variation will only do good if the original does good also. I have nothing against Marvel but I really like what DC has done here lately with Batman and Superman. I really love the Superman/Batman series but I haven't had time to read the whole series. I haven't even had time to read Batman #608/Superman #204 but I'm sure they are good as well. I'm just glad I had to re bag some comics last month that caused me to go to the comic store wink.gif Now if my wife don't devorce me over them I'll be ok wink.gif