• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst comics within the last 5 years

134 posts in this topic

Hell Yeah, Epic Kill, Sex, Holy Terror, Dancer, Hardcore, anything that McCann's written (Mind the Gap & Lost Vegas spring to mind).

On the "not the worst of the last 5 years, but still awful" list:

Hellheim, Great Pacific, Sixth Gun, Clone, Skullkickers

man your battle stations

Hell Yeah, Epic Kill, Sex, Holy Terror, Dancer, Hardcore, anything that McCann's written (Mind the Gap & Lost Vegas spring to mind).

man your battle stations

Oh, yeah, I forgot - TV show hype = best book of the century!

man your battle stations

Um are you serious jack? Maybe your tastes are so lofty that the oxygen is having a hard time making it to your brain. I realize everyone is entitled to their opinion but how can you say that sixth gun, helheim, great pacific, and clone are on the "awful" list? And if you answer with anything other than a "because it is" then your credibility is in doubt.

man your battle stations

Nice trolling ;)

Ingredients:

1x Internet Forum

1x Argument that you know you can win, doesn't have to be relevant or anything anyone has said that can be quoted... in fact it's better if everyone actually agrees with the statement as it is implied.

1x Dash of sarcasm

Some contraversy

Plenty of forum members

Recipe:

Put it in a post, pour on the contraversy and stir.

Allow forum members to simmer for several hours

e.g.

Oh yeah, I forgot - Post count = credibility

86996402-trolling-gif-.gif

Each to their own :)

... anyway. I don't know about worst comics over the last 5 years. I'd probably pick a lot of the middling and larger Marvel and DC titles which feel to me like they simply recycle their material over and over. A vs X for example was so dull dull dull, I don't think anything memorable actually happened in it that hasn't been seen/done before. As for a lot of the titles mentioned several times in this thread maybe they were much less of a read ... but then I haven't read them to comment.

1.) Victories

This is the only book on here I've read, and it was pretty awful. My LCS tried to convince me to keep pulling it too. He said all the regulars were enjoying it and that he really liked it. The book was a mess though. Dialogue was all over the place. It didn't feel like one book. It felt like 5 shoved together or something.

So this would get my vote. I generally wait for reviews before I try a new series so I don't usually pick up garbage.

Trolling because he doesn’t like the Sixth Gun?

To be honest I was gonna mention it too but didn’t want to risk being burned at the stake.

I noticed some nice covers in the Sixth Gun’s seemingly ONE true fan’s CAF gallery some time back. Long before the TV show hype and decided to order the first two trades.

I read the first and haven’t bothered with the second.

Next thing I know it’s the hottest thing going and everyone “loves it”.

Still not enough to make me reach for that second trade though.

man your battle stations

Nice trolling ;)

Ingredients:

1x Internet Forum

1x Argument that you know you can win, doesn't have to be relevant or anything anyone has said that can be quoted... in fact it's better if everyone actually agrees with the statement as it is implied.

1x Dash of sarcasm

Some contraversy

Plenty of forum members

Recipe:

Put it in a post, pour on the contraversy and stir.

Allow forum members to simmer for several hours

e.g.

Oh yeah, I forgot - Post count = credibility

86996402-trolling-gif-.gif

Each to their own :)

... anyway. I don't know about worst comics over the last 5 years. I'd probably pick a lot of the middling and larger Marvel and DC titles which feel to me like they simply recycle their material over and over. A vs X for example was so dull dull dull, I don't think anything memorable actually happened in it that hasn't been seen/done before. As for a lot of the titles mentioned several times in this thread maybe they were much less of a read ... but then I haven't read them to comment.

lol

Nowhere Men.

:sumo:

Boring, yes, but not Victories bad. I read the first issue of NWM on Comixology and wasn't inspired to continue. Same thing with Peter Panzerfaust - boring, boring, boring.

I really don't see the big deal with these titles. (shrug)