• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kickstarter Project: The Life and Times of Jack Kirby.

11 posts in this topic

Personal Look into the life of Jack Kirby The King Of Comics

by Jeremy Kirby

The Life and Times of Jack Kirby. This book will feature personal photographs, artwork and a never-before-seen play written by Jack

8f3476be203df213ec5f4810691c4572_large.jpg

(From Kickstarter page)

Hello everyone, I am Jeremy Kirby, Jack Kirby's grandson. Years ago (1997 to be exact) I wrote a screenplay and shared it with my grandmother. She did what every grandmother would do after reading her grandson's story and told me how wonderful it was. But then she stopped for a moment as if pausing to think. She had me wait where I was and I saw her go into her closet. She reached into a box that was on a shelf and pulled out a dusty old folder. She handed it to me and said "your grandfather would have wanted you to have this." It was a play that he had written. I have since showed the play to friends of the family and not one had ever heard of its existence.

My grandfather had kept the play to himself for all those years and it is time for it to be brought forth so everyone can enjoy it. This, combined with hundreds of never-before-seen photographs and personal art from Jack's early years through the 1980's, is a dream that I would like to see come to fruition.

I would like this to be a coffee table sized book reprinting the play in its undisturbed state as well as full color photographs and art.

Looks like they have more than enough money already! :applause:

3 days and almost 20 grand raised, still have the majority of a month left. He can always add new goals and improve the project as it gets backed.

For "perspective" the Brigade FCBD project from Liefeld has been up on kickstarter for several more days, still hasn't reached its goal, and will evidently cost more to produce than a book about Kirby.

Didn't Stan Lee create Jack Kirby?

Stan Lee created the universe.

But hasn't yet figured out how to sign it.

:roflmao:

This is a very cool Kickstarter (thumbs u