• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

selling your modern books on ebay...any alternatives?

28 posts in this topic

Anybody tried Comic Collector Live? I have been testing them out for the last few months and have been breaking even. I'm hoping that changes when I get more feedback under my belt, but I sometimes get the feeling that place is nothing more than the dumping ground for LCS's overstock.

I have bought from a few sellers there with positive results. I haven't ever sold there though.

You can really only sell modern books on here if they are slabbed. Occasionally you will sell a raw, but you will list a ton more than you actually sell. Everyone on here speculates, so if you found it at your LCS most likely they found it at their LCS also. I've been selling to mycomicshop.com in bulk.

This is a great option I've been using alot lately. Mycomicshop gives pretty fair amounts for stuff as long as they need it. Sometimes they'll pay $5-10 for random 90s comics, that only fetch $10 on eBay (ex: Savage Dragon #0).

I was looking through their online want list, and of the few things I have that they want, I kept muttering to myself "these guys are nuckin' futz."

Some books can sell for $100, you'd think they'd give 30-50%, right? No - $6-8.

:screwy:

Maybe it is just what I have... :shrug:

-slym (probably is just what he has)

Plenty of books on CCL. Some ebay sellers have gone there after getting tired of the fees or watching their feedback keep falling from lousy service or packing. doh!

No scans though turns off some buyers. Would you spent big $$$ on a book and not see a scan? Neither would I. :acclaim:

theres a board member here that went to ccl because his ebay ratings dropped. something about not sending books and keeping the money or something.

Plenty of books on CCL. Some ebay sellers have gone there after getting tired of the fees or watching their feedback keep falling from lousy service or packing. doh!

No scans though turns off some buyers. Would you spent big $$$ on a book and not see a scan? Neither would I. :acclaim:

theres a board member here that went to ccl because his ebay ratings dropped. something about not sending books and keeping the money or something.

Could be one of them dunno know hm

You can really only sell modern books on here if they are slabbed. Occasionally you will sell a raw, but you will list a ton more than you actually sell. Everyone on here speculates, so if you found it at your LCS most likely they found it at their LCS also. I've been selling to mycomicshop.com in bulk.

This is a great option I've been using alot lately. Mycomicshop gives pretty fair amounts for stuff as long as they need it. Sometimes they'll pay $5-10 for random 90s comics, that only fetch $10 on eBay (ex: Savage Dragon #0).

I was looking through their online want list, and of the few things I have that they want, I kept muttering to myself "these guys are nuckin' futz."

Some books can sell for $100, you'd think they'd give 30-50%, right? No - $6-8.

:screwy:

Maybe it is just what I have... :shrug:

-slym (probably is just what he has)

If there's something you think we've mispriced, PM me and I'll be happy to take a look and adjust our pricing or make you a better offer. I can easily pay 70-80% or more of retail for anything in the $100+ range.

You do have the option of posting a scan with your listing. But I'm guessing most don't do that. I guess you could ask. If it was a high $$$ book I would think a legit seller would send you one!