• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Hot" Moderns Whose Value Has Plummeted The Most?

128 posts in this topic

How is it higher than it needs to be? Not saying its a low price for Saga 4, but shipping is bang on if you want to ship the book with tracking in a box you would be looking at about $20 shipping regardless who the carrier is in Canada.

Because I am Canadian, and ship slabbed books for less, and people with business accounts with Canada Post, ship for even less than me.

They are overcharging the cost, likely to cover paying the person who does their shipping.

great buy!

i just couldnt bid on eBay items from Canada, as they allow up to 30 days for delivery. cant wait that long lol

no, you have several shipping options, just like in the US. The lowest tier was dropped, to have a tracking number now, it has to be at the lowest, expedited Ground which is 4-6 business days.

How is it higher than it needs to be? Not saying its a low price for Saga 4, but shipping is bang on if you want to ship the book with tracking in a box you would be looking at about $20 shipping regardless who the carrier is in Canada.

Because I am Canadian, and ship slabbed books for less, and people with business accounts with Canada Post, ship for even less than me.

They are overcharging the cost, likely to cover paying the person who does their shipping.

How are you shipping for less? How are you packaging your slabs? Final weight on any given packaged slab? Shipping company using?

Last slabs I shipped cost me all over $20, though I don't charge $20 as Ryan pointed out people are scared off by that, so cut my loss on shipping but make up for it in the final result.

Last slabs I shipped cost me all over $20, though I don't charge $20 as Ryan pointed out people are scared off by that, so cut my loss on shipping but make up for it in the final result.

Canada Post, cardboard box, slab wrapped in bubble wrap several times, remaining space filled with styrofoam packing peanuts. All re-used, reclaimed, or acquired free shipping materials. I have some slabs finishing up next week, I'll post the costs for shipping when I send them out.

If you want detailed info, Branget would be a good source. He ships slabs all the time, and (having bought from him, and seeing the label) I believe he has the business style account set up with Canada Post (which gives you lower rates then at the counter).

Canada Post, cardboard box, slab wrapped in bubble wrap several times, remaining space filled with styrofoam packing peanuts. All re-used, reclaimed, or acquired free shipping materials. I have some slabs finishing up next week, I'll post the costs for shipping when I send them out.

If you want detailed info, Branget would be a good source. He ships slabs all the time, and (having bought from him, and seeing the label) I believe he has the business style account set up with Canada Post (which gives you lower rates then at the counter).

Ya I do the eship but may have to examine the business account...I don't ship a lot but don't think I have shipped a slab for under $18 and that was to someone in Ontario as well.

I've shipped to Canada and not counting the first class box ($3) it's $19 to $20 from east coast USA to Canada. I quote $23 for one slab to Canada and that's right on from my experience. I don't ship international often, but have for several boardies....

why we just say #4 sold at $50 shipped. all books should count shipping cost unless we all do business in person, but most there is 5%-8% sale tax.

Ex.

It really doesn't matter , someone sell you a copy #1 at $1+$169shipping = someone sells for $160+$10 shipping.