• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Hot" Moderns Whose Value Has Plummeted The Most?

128 posts in this topic

I haven't been following the value of slabbed moderns much until recently. I'm more of a Copper and Bronze guy. However, I have noticed a lot of high value moderns suddenly lose more than half their value recently.

For example, The Sixth Gun 1 CGC 9.8 is currently sinking fast. It had a high value of over $900 a couple of months ago, now it is going for about $250. This is the most obvious example I can think of.

Anyone have any other significant examples of "THE HOT BOOK" sinking like a rock?

I haven't been following the value of slabbed moderns much until recently. I'm more of a Copper and Bronze guy. However, I have noticed a lot of high value moderns suddenly lose more than half their value recently.

For example, The Sixth Gun 1 CGC 9.8 is currently sinking fast. It had a high value of over $900 a couple of months ago, now it is going for about $250. This is the most obvious example I can think of.

Anyone have any other significant examples of "THE HOT BOOK" sinking like a rock?

Revival #1 9.9 went for $900, now $250

I think it was actually even lower - around $227! I forgot about the sale or it would have been higher!!! doh!:cry:

Nowhere Men.

Think Tank tanked a few weeks ago. The #1 variant 9.8 was selling on eBay for like $180 and now it doesn't get bids. It is on the rise again though.

It gets at least two bids.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Think-Tank-1-CGC-9-8-Limited-Edition-/271210955718?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3f256ec3c6

I think it was actually even lower - around $227! I forgot about the sale or it would have been higher!!! doh!:cry:

here's the link since it doesn't show up on GPA, bullseye with your memory

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=24309317

here's the link since it doesn't show up on GPA, bullseye with your memory

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=24309317

Yeah, my wife and I were celebrating our one year anniversary and I snuck away to check the auctions and realized - they ended! :o

I repeat --> doh!

I feel like someone got a steal on that book that won't soon be matched! :applause: to whoever it was!

A revival 9.9 sold for $300 on ebay after the mcs one. I don't think you can count the think tank variant. One sold for $180 a couple months ago. After that, it went down to its current value. Around $50-$60 before the current auction @ $91.

I would agree with NWM, though I can see it building back up some steam if it stays on time. The TB still sells for $375-$400.

The cancer variant sells for more? :o

That's what I'm saying - I think that MCS auction was an absolute anomaly/outlier!

I can't see them selling again for that price! I mean, if someone has one and wants to sell it to me for around $227 -- PM right now! :baiting:

Yes, that was the phantom variant. Last actual #1 on eBay sold for $500. And that tainted SS one sold for $500 as well. It's still a $400 book IMO. One sale on mycomicshop doesn't set the market.

HR, I know you missed out on that MCS auction too right?! That sucked!

I think that amnesiac actually won the auction for that tainted SS! Thank God we won't have to see it put up for auction, listed on the Boards or on Craigslist anymore! :applause:

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/ComicDetail.aspx?PeopleComicID=379707&PeopleSetID=70300

Seems like most books are in a slump right now. I don't have GPA but based again IMO the following books have dipped a bit...by no means tanked like TSG/Revival @9.9

Thief of Thieves - down about 10-15%

NWM down about 40%

Revival down about 15%

Saga down about 25-30%

Those are figures for #1 at 9.8 from sales about a month ago, again with con season starting up I am sure money is elsewhere.

To the original poster, the sixth gun's value got inflated by a pilot being filmed, and then collapsed after the pilot wasnt picked up.

As for the trends in "hot moderns", a lot of books doubled in jan/feb, and prices on everything sky rocketed. Things are now generally down from these peaks and leveling off.

Seems like most books are in a slump right now. I don't have GPA but based again IMO the following books have dipped a bit...by no means tanked like TSG/Revival @9.9

Thief of Thieves - down about 10-15%

NWM down about 40%

Revival down about 15%

Saga down about 25-30%

Those are figures for #1 at 9.8 from sales about a month ago, again with con season starting up I am sure money is elsewhere.

I just don't get it! I mean, NWM is still kind of new and the delays are hurting it. And I haven't picked up anything ToT so I got nothing to offer on that.

But Saga and Revival are just awesome stories!

:sumo:SAGA! :sumo:

:sumo:REVIVAL! :sumo:

You missed one more that is really dropping significantly that is a great book!

-- Bedlam!

I guess that one was overly fueled by way too much exposure in the beginning and people rushing to get tons of copies slabbed. Over saturation of the market?! But just still a great book with awesome storytelling and art?!

:gossip: :sumo:BEDLAM! :sumo:

As for revival 9.9, the sales (excluding hulk's purchases) have been pretty consistent. If you go back and look at the debates in the Revival thread around the time of the big price spike, you can see that prices are simply falling back to where they were previously.

I already have a 9.9 but I definitely was watching that auction and would've bought it no question for that price.

Yes, very happy that SS book was truly sold after 4 fake auctions, lol

Yeah, definitely :applause: amnesiac :applause: for saving us all from that nonsense!