• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Framing a 2 Page Splash Advice

5 posts in this topic

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but I couldn't find any info posted.

I am picking up a 2 page splash that consists of 2 11x17 comic boards that have been taped together. For archival purposes would it be better to remove the tape and separate the 2 pages with a 1" mat? I realize it wil affect the continuity of the image, but I would rather have the artwork archivally framed and avoid any issues with the acid in the tape.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but I couldn't find any info posted.

I am picking up a 2 page splash that consists of 2 11x17 comic boards that have been taped together. For archival purposes would it be better to remove the tape and separate the 2 pages with a 1" mat? I realize it wil affect the continuity of the image, but I would rather have the artwork archivally framed and avoid any issues with the acid in the tape.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I had a similar question about a year ago.

While it's good to consider what the tape will do to the paper over time, you really have nothing to worry about as long as you use archival tape. It would be silly to not have them touching if they are suppose to. Aesthetics are the most important factor when framing art! (thumbs u