• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When Do You Con?

8 posts in this topic

OK - am not looking for scam advice.

But I AM curious to all you who attend comic cons, do you have thoughts for when to attend? The old saw is go early to get the most desireable stuff and go at the end to get the best price breaks. (I sometimes got some very nice deals on books that had not been put back in the packing boxes as show time end nears.)

Sometimes this pans out and sometimes not. I think the duration has to do with it. A one-day show is going to have different dynamics than a three-day show. (After three days the dealers often are a bit more "off the wall".)

When I go to a comic con I tend to go for the whole thing if I can. If it is a multi-day show I go every day. If a one day am there from start to closing. I have yet to really note a major difference (except for some books I wanted early that go sold later - but always there is more I want than i can afford).

So just wondering how you all approach the conventions.

I just went to our small Vancouver comic con and I attended early and looked through the stuff and saw a couple things(not as much as I would have liked)... So I took off to lunch with some new buds(Once again, had a great time, Greggy, Odin and Bronty) and came back and hung out behind an old friend Kaare Andrews table till the end of the con and then noticed that a few guys were really quite willing to deal, picked up a nice MTU#53 at about half what they wanted and a few other odds and ends for a damned fine deal. I recomend waiting till the end of the show.

'best

bronzejunkie

Hey, ham...

I may not agree with everything you say, but right there is one thing I can agree on with you... Boobies and books, a damned fine combo. You might have hit the goldmine buddy... one lap dance free with every comic over a $1000... Thats a good way to get crazy multiples of guide going again. lol.

'best

Bronzejunkie

I went to the NYC con early this past Sat to get first dibs at the 50 cent bin! grin.gif

Probably didn't help you much, but that's my strategy. Hit the 50 cent bin, get the artists signatures, pick up a Bat or 2 and gone.

DAM

Borrow a vendor's early bird pass to get into the comicon during dealer set up. The best books are gone 30 mins- 1hr b4 the comicon opens to the public. Else get to the local con 15 mins early & line up early for admission.