• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

7th Son

2 posts in this topic

of the 7th son...

Or something like that.

In the 40s & 50s - heck - even the early 60s it wasn't uncommon to find a comic whereon the cover featured a scantily clad woman being accosted by an octopus or squid or shark - (my personal favorite is a copy of More Fun Comics where Green Arrow is fighting an octopus underwater - with a bow, I love golden age books).

Number 7 on my purge survival list also features a damsel in a bathing suit and a giant tentacled monster from the deeps - but the only ones being rescued here are the men in the longboat being rescued from the boredom of their lives.

OK - the story doesn't read that way - but the cover is wonderful, the pages are white, and the cover has excellent colors and composition. Additionally, the cover is missing something minor - it doesn't have a price.

At number 7 on my PSL I give you: House of Mystery 133, CGC 9.0 white, with an issue date of April 1963.

I think that some day more early 60s House of Mystery books will make it into my collection...but this is my prize right now.

Happy Hunting!

Lee

13759.jpg

See more journals by Lee K