• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROUND 6 : Contest

117 posts in this topic

I cut my teeth on a Commadore 64 back in '79 then moved up to the lightning fast Packard Bell 316 in '80, '81 ' 82 (I'm an old fart so the actual date escapes me) ...I was online way before Al Gore invented the internet...

Yeah - you be off a bit. The Commodore VIC-20 came out in '81 and the C-64 a year or so later. Had the VIC-20 myself and also an Amiga 500 in the mid 80's, which was insane for the time.

I thought you were doing a fine job of that pov.

It was a computer joke. Thread is dead anyway. Round 7 should be coming along.

Already posted foreheadslap.gif

It's takes pov awhile to register new threads. Don't be so rough on him. gossip.gif

blush.gifSorry Pov flowerred.gif

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

sign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gif

screwy.gif

893blahblah.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

frown.gif

Love these quotes within quotes and smileys very enlightening . NOT

It's takes pov awhile to register new threads. Don't be so rough on him. gossip.gif

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

screwy.gif

893blahblah.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

frown.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

screwy.gif

893blahblah.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

frown.gif

This thread's passed on! This thread is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet its maker! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! This is an EX-THREAD!

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

screwy.gif

893blahblah.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

frown.gif

This thread's passed on! This thread is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet its maker! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! This is an EX-THREAD!

TYV15029.jpg

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

screwy.gif

893blahblah.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

frown.gif

TYV15029.jpg

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I cut my teeth on a Commadore 64 back in '79 then moved up to the lightning fast Packard Bell 316 in '80, '81 ' 82 (I'm an old fart so the actual date escapes me) ...I was online way before Al Gore invented the internet...

Yeah - you be off a bit. The Commodore VIC-20 came out in '81 and the C-64 a year or so later. Had the VIC-20 myself and also an Amiga 500 in the mid 80's, which was insane for the time.

Yup, got a Vic 20 but then we got an Apple II E in 82-83 something like that. Belonged to a local bbs then. Email was sent at the lightning fast speed of a day or two.

These young whippersnappers don't know how good they got it.

Yes, I got the joke. Finally...I said I was slow. laugh.gif

Anybody out there ever get their hands on an Apple Lisa?

I did - I was part of the old Boston Computer Society years ago. Strange thing. A "computer club" that was was housed in Downtown Boston's Financial District in very plush quarters. There were, at its peak, 30,000 members in the US and 40 countries.

Well, I was the president of the DOS-CP/M group and had access to all the equipment. Amoung the equipment was - a LISA. It is STILL the coolest looking personal compuer I ever saw, but man was it SLOW. I mean S...L...O...W. But yes, I got my hands on one. Everytime I went to the headquarters I would play with Lisa for a bit! yay.gif

At one point in my real computer geek days I had 2 PC Clones, an IBM PC (386 system - forget the model), an Osborne, a Kaypro CP/M machine, my S-100 bus homebrew system, Apple II, a VIC-20, a Commodore Amiga 500, a Timex Sinclair, a MAC 512K upgraded to 512E upgraded to Plus, a Mac SE and a Varian Data Systems mini computer all in one large room.

(No - I only used them one or two at a time! Don't think the power would have managed them all! grin.gif)

Now I have 2 PCs and a PC laptop I use for work. Geek days are done but it was a fun ride in the old days!

I bought the Amiga 500 just so I could play Rogue and that early 3D Dungeon game(can't think of the name). It was all about the graphics grin.gif

I bought the Amiga 500 just so I could play Rogue and that early 3D Dungeon game(can't think of the name). It was all about the graphics grin.gif

Yeah - my favorite game on the Amiga was Alternate Reality. It reminds me for all the world of Everquest but was single-player.

Also - loved the 32K color palette that let you actually get decent photos of your favorite subjects on a PC! blush.gif