• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TAKE 10% OFF ALREADY REDUCED PRICES! Raw Marvel Silver/Bronze Mostly Mid-Grade

66 posts in this topic

Thanks (thumbs u , I have never read either to be honest but am excited to read both!!!! I would like to pick up the other 3 issues of the Cat as well!!!! That Wally Wood cover ROCKS :headbang:

I have read that you are somewhat young (well, younger than me, that’s it! lol ) – the Cat is a great series, I always loved the character in all its manifestations (both the Greer Grant original, and then Patsy Walker taking on the role as Hellcat).

Of course, I read of her as Tigra first, on the 1970s Fantastic Four, in the 190-range. ;)

P.S. Shanna is highly recommended as well, since the Night Nurse is the tougher to find better start with the other two short-lived titles.

All those were written by female writers: the Cat was written by Linda Fite, Herb Trimpe’s wife. They divorced in 2005, and this makes me sad… :(

Yeah almost ready to hit the big 30 year old here soon (thumbs u !!!! Great information by the way, I love to hear about the history behind this stuff!!!! That is great stuff and really appreciated :applause: !!!! I wonder then did Fite and Trimpe ever collaborate on any books during their time together as a writer/artist duo?!! That would be neat!!!!

I don’t think they did, but I have just read that Linda was the one who encouraged a young Barry Smith in submitting more work to Marvel Comics. (thumbs u

I just discovered that not only Trimpe was ordered as a (protestant) deacon but he also wrote a book as he volountereed in the 9/11 "ground zero" event:

http://www.abebooks.com/Power-Angels-Reflections-Ground-Zero-Chaplain/3517699170/bd

P.S. Apologies to Maxon for the off-topic – hope it brings more sales… :)

Great stuff again Vaillant thanks :applause: !!!!! It looks like maxon isnt having any problems moving books at a swift pace lol but my apology as well...Thanks again Vaillant for the awesome info and thanks maxon for the books!!!!! Thread :headbang:

Thanks (thumbs u , I have never read either to be honest but am excited to read both!!!! I would like to pick up the other 3 issues of the Cat as well!!!! That Wally Wood cover ROCKS :headbang:

MSH #12 is a great book. Cool art and story, I know you'll enjoy!

I don’t think they did, but I have just read that Linda was the one who encouraged a young Barry Smith in submitting more work to Marvel Comics. (thumbs u

I just discovered that not only Trimpe was ordered as a (protestant) deacon but he also wrote a book as he volountereed in the 9/11 "ground zero" event:

http://www.abebooks.com/Power-Angels-Reflections-Ground-Zero-Chaplain/3517699170/bd

P.S. Apologies to Maxon for the off-topic – hope it brings more sales… :)

No worries, Really enjoy learning the stories behind the stories on a lot of these books and I'm sure many others here do too! (thumbs u