• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SA/BA: Avengers & Related

201 posts in this topic

Very nice low grades, Ed! (thumbs u

I think that if a book is complete it still grades as a Fair (no less) even if it is very beaten. :)

Thank you.

Maybe so but prices on non keys typically will be the same or close enough. With no tape or an attached cover I'd agree but the 12 is just really bad. I think there's a discussion on that in the "Please Grade my Comic" thread on a similar raw Avengers 1.

Ed

Maybe so but prices on non keys typically will be the same or close enough.

I agree, but I seem to recall there was something about this in the Overstreet standards.

Anyway, I prefer this designation as it helps identify incomplete books. When I read "Poor", I usually skip it, while a Fair can have part of the cover torn out.

Poor/Fair is the ideal solution in these cases… :)

Maybe so but prices on non keys typically will be the same or close enough.

I agree, but I seem to recall there was something about this in the Overstreet standards.

Anyway, I prefer this designation as it helps identify incomplete books. When I read "Poor", I usually skip it, while a Fair can have part of the cover torn out.

Poor/Fair is the ideal solution in these cases… :)

Sounds about right.

On a slightly different note I've found that complete coverless books seem to sell for more than beat up poors or fairs. At least on ebay. I think that comes from folks searching using the word "coverless" and then assume that's the lowest priced book. I could easily see selling the 12 or 14 as coverless copies for $9 each.

On a slightly different note I've found that complete coverless books seem to sell for more than beat up poors or fairs. At least on ebay. I think that comes from folks searching using the word "coverless" and then assume that's the lowest priced book. I could easily see selling the 12 or 14 as coverless copies for $9 each.

Of course, "coverless" is a grade on its own, when you consider a book. I personally look for coverless books when I am seeking for certain golden age, and I agree – it happens like you said.