• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is a positive thread to make Comics General better.
3 3

3,896 posts in this topic

In the 40's I received a gift subscription to LOONEY TUNES and

MERRIE MELODIES beginning with issue #45. They came folded

in half within a brown wrapper..

9214562647_856fd19981.jpg

mm

Edited by Marty Mann

In the 40's I received a gift subscription to LOONEY TUNES and

MERRIE MELODIES beginning with issue #45. They came folded

in half within a brown wrapper..

9214562647_856fd19981.jpg

mm

Your the Gold man MM

Wow,in the forties,that is AMAZINGLY cool.I take it book shown is from then?Fantastic!

Was it different do you think between rural and city back then,as in service,or less sub's in cities where they were easier to come by?

And for Howard the Duck,was there adds so you could subscribe starting with issue one?I have read tonnes of BA but don't remember ever seeing anything like that.how bad of shape?creases and spine bends or worse?

Thanks gang,I am eating this up!

Wow,in the forties,that is AMAZINGLY cool.I take it book shown is from then?Fantastic!

Was it different do you think between rural and city back then,as in service,or less sub's in cities where they were easier to come by?

And for Howard the Duck,was there adds so you could subscribe starting with issue one?I have read tonnes of BA but don't remember ever seeing anything like that.how bad of shape?creases and spine bends or worse?

You asked about ads for subscriptions, here's one from the back of my

Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies #45.

10607615324_228b4b4a7e.jpg

(July 1945)

mm

You asked about ads for subscriptions, here's one from the back of my

Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies #45.

10607615324_228b4b4a7e.jpg

(July 1945)

mm

It was amazing what you got for a dime!

....and save a quarter on two years sub.

The whole thing is awesome!

Folded brown envelopes..I knew a gentle man with a full FF run,and a few years in he got a subscription,all the books were beautiful with a big crews down the middle.Then he started buying doubles lol.

Thanks guys,great stuff,makes me so happy!