• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

6/66

3 posts in this topic

So a funny thing happened on the way to completing the go-go check collection...

June 1966 happened. Right in the middle of the go-go check run, here are all these books with an issue date of 6/66 - or at least that's how CGC shows June 1966 on the label.

Here's the other funny thing about 6/66 - it shows up on the label of two of the main key issues in the go-go check run. Odd? Heck yea. Particularly since most of the series in 1966 aren't monthly. So in the twenty-one or twenty-two month (depending on how you count it) run of go-go checks - two key issues, both introducing new characters, both of whom had their intro in monthly books, had their intro in June of 1966.

At number seven, I give you one difficult book to find in high grade.

Our Army at War issue 168, CGC 9.2 off-white, with an issue date of June 1966.

The first appearance of The Unknown Soldier, who later went on to headline his own series for several years.

I am very pleased that this book came available at the same time I had money to secure it.

In the picture below, it is on the left.

Happy Hunting!

Lee K

13782.jpg

See more journals by Lee K

War and the Number of the Beast... its occult meaning makes perfect sense!

But seriously... congrats on the HTF key issue.

I always wanted to collect more Joe Kubert works whose art is so fluid and rich in emotional depth and composition that he ranks up there with Jack Kirby as a master of the medium.

Thanks for sharing.

SW3D