• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check Out This Awesome Thing I Have!!! thread...

77 posts in this topic

I'll start and it's probably no surprise. My most awesome piece is the best Curt Swan Superman ever! I've got others that I think are pretty awesome, but this is my favorite. A young, happy Superman. Got to love it.

Click the image and read the description. It's an interesting piece.

SupermanBySwan.jpg

I'm not saying it's the most awesome piece in my collection, but it may be the most unusual...

This original art to a 1905 centerspread cartoon from Puck Magazine, called "Dream of the Asphalt Chauffeur." Until somebody proves me wrong, I'm going to believe this was the first instance of the comic device of running people/animals over and flattening them, leaving them flat and alive (rather than a mucky puddle of blood and crushed bones.) I also think it's an early example of the use of a certain herbal euphoric in a cartoon.

buddlsmaller.jpg

I'll start and it's probably no surprise. My most awesome piece is the best Curt Swan Superman ever! I've got others that I think are pretty awesome, but this is my favorite. A young, happy Superman. Got to love it.

Click the image and read the description. It's an interesting piece.

SupermanBySwan.jpg

(worship)

Well, I don't think "on:y" is awesome. Try again. :)

BTW, you can edit a post if you want to. I do it all the time.

Yep, I edited it as soon as I saw stupid Kevin's stupid quote...

Dan, I never tire of seeing that Crime Suspenstories, was that your idea or Anthonys, he really hit it out the park either way.

For me I dont think that can be topped in this thread hm

Well, if you include my illustration art collection, then either my Robert McGinnis James Bond "Thunderball" movie poster art or my Gil Elvgren masterpiece "Anchors A Wow" would probably take top billing in the awesome department. But, if we're just talking about comic art, after all these years of collecting, I'm not sure any of the Kirbys, Romitas, Ditkos, Millers, Byrnes, etc. that I've acquired has been able to surpass the sheer awesomeness of the complete interior story to Marvel's G.I. Joe's #21, the "Silent Issue" featuring the first appearance of Storm Shadow - one of the best and most beloved stories of the awesome '80s! :headbang:

Joe%2021%20art.jpg

Re; my Gil Elvgren masterpiece "Anchors A Wow"

I think that is amazingly awesome and probably my favorite Elvgren.

Re: GI Joe

Finally, comic art without words that makes sense!