• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#1 Registry probably bogus anyway. posted by Prairie Collection

3 posts in this topic

what can ya do?

I wonder how many number 1 registry sets that comic stores and dealers have out here are legit?

reason I ask is I recently purchased a dozen cgc's from a dealer who I had to fight to release each and every one from his registry so they could be added to mine. I wonder how many comics he has in his registry that he sold and doesn't own, Yet keeps those numbers so he can pad his little ribbon every year thing? which he can then advertise as #1 in his shop or website.

I work really hard building my collection and believe for integrity the registry should somehow be monitored to ensure the numbers in a competitive set are actually owned by that person.

Just my two cents.

13793.jpg

See more journals by Prairie Collection

Yeah agreed. It is frustrating when a comic dealer with a #1 set won't release what you purchased. I have had them reject my transfer request with the comment "I still own it"

there is nothing to lose if the dealer doesn't have the item yet it remains on their registry set and they still maintain a #1 status... bragging rights and good for their business card.

But to not release the item to the new buyer is flat out wrong and my guess happens quite often, especially this past week, with everyone jocking for registry position before the deadline today.