• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello again

108 posts in this topic

Www.mycomicshop.com

Bingo!

They are a great place to get rid of books that are hard to move elsewhere. Just understand that unless you are a very strict grader, you may get a few unhappy surprises when they grade them. They'll let you retract the books if that happens, though, albeit for a fee.

Www.mycomicshop.com

Bingo!

They are a great place to get rid of books that are hard to move elsewhere. Just understand that unless you are a very strict grader, you may get a few unhappy surprises when they grade them. They'll let you retract the books if that happens, though, albeit for a fee.

I agree. mycomicshop is a great place to sell your overstock. I'm amazed what they are buying and for how much. They completely changed the way that I look at a room of 100 longboxes filled with '80's & '90's "drek" Including all the Image, DH, Chaos! and others Indi's. It can make your day when they will pay $.25 each for your 62 copies of Cyberforce #4 that you would have had to donate or take to the Dump. Ravage 2099? Quasar? 2099 Unlimited? X-Force? I've been sending them longboxes of stuff.

I've been selling books to them for almost a year and the whole experience has been awesome and drama-free. Their whole operation seems to have been set up with a huge emphasis on customer service. And it shows. Every member of their team that I have had contact with has been awesome. It's almost as if Buddy (the owner) looked at several large online retailers and said "We're going to do the exact opposite of them!". And it works - they seriously kick @SS. And whatever else management is doing is working - because everyone there seems to love their job.

As stated above, they are very strict graders and they will deduct for production defects too. So just be prepared. And if you buy a book from them? It's going to be just as strict - I've ordered a couple times - basically using credit from my sales to upgrade my X-Men collection and every book has been very tight.

No, I am not affiliated with them in any way. I've shared my thoughts on MCS's awesomeness in private with a few fellow Board Members but this is the first time I shared it with everyone. I saw their name in the thread and felt compelled to write. Online it seems that posts that mewl, moan and whine about a seller, store, online retailer or "BSD" seem to outnumber good reviews 5 to 1 (actually 20 to one here in CG...). That's why it's so important to put the same emphasis on the positive experiences. "give credit where credit is due" and all that.

NO, I am not a plant!!!!!!! But if anyone here was thinking about selling to them I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Www.mycomicshop.com

Bingo!

I agree. mycomicshop is a great place to sell your overstock. I'm amazed what they are buying and for how much. They completely changed the way that I look at a room of 100 longboxes filled with '80's & '90's "drek" Including all the Image, DH, Chaos! and others Indi's. It can make your day when they will pay $.25 each for your 62 copies of Cyberforce #4 that you would have had to donate or take to the Dump. Ravage 2099? Quasar? 2099 Unlimited? X-Force? I've been sending them longboxes of stuff.

I've been selling books to them for almost a year and the whole experience has been awesome and drama-free. Their whole operation seems to have been set up with a huge emphasis on customer service. And it shows. Every member of their team that I have had contact with has been awesome. It's almost as if Buddy (the owner) looked at several large online retailers and said "We're going to do the exact opposite of them!". And it works - they seriously kick @SS. And whatever else management is doing is working - because everyone there seems to love their job.

As stated above, they are very strict graders and they will deduct for production defects too. So just be prepared. And if you buy a book from them? It's going to be just as strict - I've ordered a couple times - basically using credit from my sales to upgrade my X-Men collection and every book has been very tight.

No, I am not affiliated with them in any way. I've shared my thoughts on MCS's awesomeness in private with a few fellow Board Members but this is the first time I shared it with everyone. I saw their name in the thread and felt compelled to write. Online it seems that posts that mewl, moan and whine about a seller, store, online retailer or "BSD" seem to outnumber good reviews 5 to 1 (actually 20 to one here in CG...). That's why it's so important to put the same emphasis on the positive experiences. "give credit where credit is due" and all that.

NO, I am not a plant!!!!!!! But if anyone here was thinking about selling to them I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Conan said your $500 store credit for this glowing testimonial was on it's way to you. lol

Www.mycomicshop.com

Bingo!

Conan said your $500 store credit for this glowing testimonial was on it's way to you. lol

Nice! Although I haven't met this Conan Chap yet he sounds like a stand-up guy :applause:

"Store Credit can only be used to purchase Pogs."

Still take the deal.

CY_zps7321725f.jpg

So now you are telling people not to shop with me in my Clooneython threads?

Shellhead, you should know that attacking a man's business/sales threads isn't funny... especially since despite all the tomfoolery I get in... I take very good care of the people who buy from me on this board. Logan510 has been doing the same thing... and I don't feel its warranted in the least.

Your opinion has been noted. You don't like me... and your knitting group doesn't either. That's totally fine. I hate you feel that way... since the more effort you put into it just reinforces the type of person you are, and I feel you are better than that.

Regardless... don't be a coward and go after my Clooneython sales threads, just do what you & your ilk always do... gang up and go after the person.

My humor may be tasteless and offensive to some... but my sales threads are sound.

If you can't like me... at least get used to me... I'm not going anywhere. :foryou:

Follow your friend's advice here...

How can we make comics general better?

1. Don't be an attention whore, at least not to an excessive amount.

2. Apologize, or at least acknowledge, when you are wrong, or stupid.

3. Don't hold grudges

4. If you can't do #3, try to ignore that person.

5. Target ideas, concepts or theories, not people.

6. Don't get butthurt if your stupidity is called out. Embrace it and be smarter next time.

7. If you are going to touch hot button topics, get ready to get burned.

8. Listen to what other people are presenting, not what you think it is based upon past posts, or what you want it to be based upon past interactions.

9. Try empathy, at least some of the time.

10. Have a sense of humor about yourself.

"Store Credit can only be used to purchase Pogs."

Still take the deal.

CY_zps7321725f.jpg

So now you are telling people not to shop with me in my Clooneython threads?

Shellhead, you should know that attacking a man's business/sales threads isn't funny... especially since despite all the tomfoolery I get in... I take very good care of the people who buy from me on this board. Logan510 has been doing the same thing... and I don't feel its warranted in the least.

Your opinion has been noted. You don't like me... and your knitting group doesn't either. That's totally fine. I hate you feel that way... since the more effort you put into it just reinforces the type of person you are, and I feel you are better than that.

Regardless... don't be a coward and go after my Clooneython sales threads, just do what you & your ilk always do... gang up and go after the person.

My humor may be tasteless and offensive to some... but my sales threads are sound.

If you can't like me... at least get used to me... I'm not going anywhere. :foryou:

Follow your friend's advice here...

How can we make comics general better?

1. Don't be an attention whore, at least not to an excessive amount.

2. Apologize, or at least acknowledge, when you are wrong, or stupid.

3. Don't hold grudges

4. If you can't do #3, try to ignore that person.

5. Target ideas, concepts or theories, not people.

6. Don't get butthurt if your stupidity is called out. Embrace it and be smarter next time.

7. If you are going to touch hot button topics, get ready to get burned.

8. Listen to what other people are presenting, not what you think it is based upon past posts, or what you want it to be based upon past interactions.

9. Try empathy, at least some of the time.

10. Have a sense of humor about yourself.

appropriate:

NpWQM.jpg