• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,257 posts in this topic

Wow, that's like looking at one of my Spirit sections. If you're going to emulate someone's style, why not the best? Thanks, Scrooge. That was very enjoyable and I have a newfound appreciation for Grandenetti's work.

Here's the complete Dr. Drew story from Ghost # 10 -

41389-Ghost10Grandenetti.jpg

41430-Ghost10Drew2.jpg

41431-Ghost10Drew3.jpg

41432-Ghost10Drew4.jpg

41433-Ghost10Drew5.jpg

41434-Ghost10Drew6.jpg

41435-Ghost10Drew7.jpg

41436-Ghost10Drew8.jpg

Wow, that's like looking at one of my Spirit sections. If you're going to emulate someone's style, why not the best? Thanks, Scrooge. That was very enjoyable and I have a newfound appreciation for Grandenetti's work.

Angelo

Grandenetti did backgrounds for Eisner on the Spirit so the building may be "Grandenetti-esque".

Thanks but you may like this one better...

I'm crackin' this baby out!

LawbreakersSuspenseStories12CGC5.5.jpg

Beryl has a big night ahead of her, hope she doesn't end up a closet case from it.

Sorry.

Super sweet books Jay. Love the 12 alot. (worship)

Scott

Tough late-run Ghost Gallery Jumbo. It's not high grade, but the colors are great...and beggars can't be choosers with these.

Whitman really was a great artist.

jumbo162.jpg

I love the orange and blue contrast not used a lot in GA

lou morales drew some of the most deranged of all pre code covers, like that one, the "tongues" cover on LSS #11 as well as Thing! #5 & 7..unsung master of the messed up....

One of the more interesting PCH cover artists for sure. It's probably fortunate that LSS #12 gets overshadowed by #11 - otherwise it would probably be more expensive to find - really a great cover!

And the Harpy/eye gouge cover for Thing #7 :cloud9:

:applause: We recently talked about that one when Sterling was looking to put together his list. :cool:

We did, that's what spurred me to buy this copy! For $90 or so I couldn't pass it up.

Sweet Christmas - that's a fantastic deal - I paid $120 for a FN+ copy over 10 years ago - and the asking price was originally $150 :boo:

:applause: We recently talked about that one when Sterling was looking to put together his list. :cool:

We did, that's what spurred me to buy this copy! For $90 or so I couldn't pass it up.

Sweet Christmas - that's a fantastic deal - I paid $120 for a FN+ copy over 10 years ago - and the asking price was originally $150 :boo:

My max bid was significantly higher, believe me. I triple checked the auction because I saw the cheap ending bid and thought I was missing something.