• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,257 posts in this topic

Picked this up today...check out how talented the man skiing is...must be a ventriliquist... lol

beware9.jpg

:applause: Nice book

Yes it is! The guy's face in the seat next to Death always cracked me up too! lol

Congrats ArAich! :banana:

These aren't "recent" purchases, but I did finally get a scanner....

What great posts to start out with! :applause:

We're looking forward to many more! :wishluck:

and this is in my eyes one of the most perfect EC comics cover to cover. SSS doesn't have the clout some other EC tiltes do, but when it was on, it was ON! The bradbury story takes place during a halloween party, and it...choke... ends up with a childs freshly carved out organ's being passed around in the dark..gasp! The Cover story is incredible and was also a great episode of Tales from the Crypt with Kyle McLachlan as the lead. A Vulture plucks an eye out of a living dead narrator... choke... The Orlando story is interesting, and qualifies as an Acid in the Face story in my book, and the Wood story is an erotic tale of sex & insanity in a secluded cabin! Man, this is the good stuff...

1123885568_8835cf495a_o.jpg

The bradbury story takes place during a halloween party, and it...choke... ends up with a childs freshly carved out organ's being passed around in the dark..gasp!

So that's the issue that contains that classic story? hm

This one goes on the list now, thanks Shiver! (thumbs u

(thumbs u

It is such a great book, you'll love it!

I'll second that. I read this issue 2 weeks ago in the SS Archives Vol. 2 and I've got to agree that that story alone is well worth the price of admission. It is downright chilling. I like the Wood story best second. As Matt says, this is a splendid issue. Congrats on the pick-up :headbang:

and this is in my eyes one of the most perfect EC comics cover to cover. SSS doesn't have the clout some other EC tiltes do, but when it was on, it was ON! The bradbury story takes place during a halloween party, and it...choke... ends up with a childs freshly carved out organ's being passed around in the dark..gasp! The Cover story is incredible and was also a great episode of Tales from the Crypt with Kyle McLachlan as the lead. A Vulture plucks an eye out of a living dead narrator... choke... The Orlando story is interesting, and qualifies as an Acid in the Face story in my book, and the Wood story is an erotic tale of sex & insanity in a secluded cabin! Man, this is the good stuff...

1123885568_8835cf495a_o.jpg

That's awesome! I remember that HBO TFTC episode! (worship)

a couple more recent pick ups...

While nowhere near as interesting an interior as #1 or 2, it's a great cover & I really like fawcett, so this is a fave of mine...

1123886012_62bc5bcc7a_o.jpg

Sweet cover. Another to add to the list (thumbs u

Angelo

a couple more recent pick ups...

While nowhere near as interesting an interior as #1 or 2, it's a great cover & I really like fawcett, so this is a fave of mine...

1123886012_62bc5bcc7a_o.jpg

Hey Shiver! What are the stories like inside?

For some reason my copy doesn't open! :kidaround:

StrangeStoriesFromAnotherWorld4CGC7.5.jpg