• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,267 posts in this topic

pre codes in general are in a weird fluctuation right now. Sometimes books go dirt cheap & other times its many, many times guide. I have been noticing ECs have been on the upswing though pretty steadily. I think that PCH has been cheap for some time now, but only by that "ONE" missing bidder. So on the surface it appears to be going cheaply, but then when one more bidder comes in, then it goes up again to what I was more used to seeing. When 2 come in, it gets silly. Hopefully people stop bidding & it stays cheap!

pre codes in general are in a weird fluctuation right now. Sometimes books go dirt cheap & other times its many, many times guide. I have been noticing ECs have been on the upswing though pretty steadily. I think that PCH has been cheap for some time now, but only by that "ONE" missing bidder. So on the surface it appears to be going cheaply, but then when one more bidder comes in, then it goes up again to what I was more used to seeing. When 2 come in, it gets silly. Hopefully people stop bidding & it stays cheap!

Unfortunately what I'm interested in usually has at least that one extra bidder - I just watched VGish copies of Chilling Tales #13 and Fantastic Fears #6 sell for just a bit more than I was willing to pay (at least today) - we'll see next time they come around (though I rarely see FF #6 for sale - if it was one of my A list wants I would have chased it)

I have picked up a few nice high grade books lately for under guide. Matthew scored what looks to be a real bargain the other day as well. :baiting:

Hopefully people don't jump on the bandwagon of precodes for some time and the prices stay like this for awhile. I would love to build up a nice precode collection without the all the competitve bidding that occured with DC bronze recently.

Right now for me if a book reaches guide I drop out. I have been collecting precode for a short time and there is no point in driving up a price when I want so many other precodes. I'm only looking for high grade bargains at this point in time.

As of now the new EC Archives are keeping me away from buying the original EC issues. I can buy an Archive for $30 on ebay and sit in bed reading it. I'd rather focus on stuff that isn't reprinted.

Nice books Buck! (thumbs u

This is about the third time I've seem that Haunted #6 posted and that green & purple cover is starting to grow on me.

Aw Hell, it goes on the want list too! :sumo:

Right now for me if a book reaches guide I drop out.

Ditto.

As of now the new EC Archives are keeping me away from buying the original EC issues. I can buy an Archive for $30 on ebay and sit in bed reading it. I'd rather focus on stuff that isn't reprinted.

I plan on getting the reprints after I collect TFTC #27 thru #33. According to Slings & Arrows, that's the best of the run -- I've been interested in #33 for over a year since hearing Shrunkenhead talk about it.

I'll keep looking, but I'm in no hurry.

Nice books Buck! (thumbs u

This is about the third time I've seem that Haunted #6 posted and that green & purple cover is starting to grow on me.

Aw Hell, it goes on the want list too! :sumo:

I love the colors on it as well. Thats why I bought it.

I won that chilling tales #13, and judging by the scans it went for 50 cents over guide, so I was really happy with that, it's been a grail book of mine for a long time.

Congrats - it went to a worthy party then! The Fox cover CTs are something I wouldn't mind having but not quite grails - though I am interested in seeing his interior art. My guide is packed away - but the book did look nicer than the "good" grade the seller assigned - always hard to tell from a photo but it looks at least VG and maybe even FN - what is guide now, 42/84/126?

Thanks! Fox has always been one of my favorite artists, and that is the only cover he did I never owned (I am also including the Weird Tales Pulps) Guide is 63/126/189, so I bid based on the VG price plus a few dollars, but I agree it really looks like it is approaching FN. :wishluck:

Thanks! Fox has always been one of my favorite artists, and that is the only cover he did I never owned (I am also including the Weird Tales Pulps) Guide is 63/126/189, so I bid based on the VG price plus a few dollars, but I agree it really looks like it is approaching FN. :wishluck:

I didn't realize guide was that high (makes sense though) - I might have thrown down a similar bid - good thing I didn't - I can wait - but I'm really kicking myself for not bidding a little more on a couple of cool Atlas War books last week doh!