• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,284 posts in this topic

All those zombie covers are great.I really like the whole run with a slight sweet spot for 5.

mmmmmmm, zombies! :cloud9:

Menace5.jpg

Holy Hanna Batman.Opps wrong forum.What is the grade on that book?Looks 9-9.2?Thanks for posting.Very impressive.

He's got a closet full of impressive books like that

Angelo,

Have you picked up any gems lately?

D

Not lately. But eyeing some big books in the CLink auction coming up.

Good Luck.Hope you get everything you want!

lol That may not be such a good thing. If I won everything I want, I'd have to sell body parts to pay for them. Hopefully I'll come away with 3 or 4 really nice books. Hopefully.

I dont know that whole walking with 2 legs thing is WAY overrated.

All those zombie covers are great.I really like the whole run with a slight sweet spot for 5.

mmmmmmm, zombies! :cloud9:

Menace5.jpg

Holy Hanna Batman.Opps wrong forum.What is the grade on that book?Looks 9-9.2?Thanks for posting.Very impressive.

He's got a closet full of impressive books like that

Angelo,

Have you picked up any gems lately?

D

Not lately. But eyeing some big books in the CLink auction coming up.

Good Luck.Hope you get everything you want!

lol That may not be such a good thing. If I won everything I want, I'd have to sell body parts to pay for them. Hopefully I'll come away with 3 or 4 really nice books. Hopefully.

I dont know that whole walking with 2 legs thing is WAY overrated.

Hoveround (thumbs u

Thanks. Probably more 9.0ish. There are lots of really good Atlas stories in Menace.

Thanks. Probably more 9.0ish. There are lots of really good Atlas stories in Menace.

No disagreement there!

I was recently blown away by Menace #3 which had a simply amazing lineup:

Men in Black - Stan Lee, John Romita

Werewolf! - Stan Lee, Bill Everett

Rodeo - Stan Lee, Russ Heath

You're Gonna Live Forever - Stan Lee, Joe Maneely

All were A++ stories but my favorite was Men in Black, a true gem of a story!

No disagreement there!

I was recently blown away by Menace #3 which had a simply amazing lineup:

Men in Black - Stan Lee, John Romita

Werewolf! - Stan Lee, Bill Everett

Rodeo - Stan Lee, Russ Heath

You're Gonna Live Forever - Stan Lee, Joe Maneely

All were A++ stories but my favorite was Men in Black, a true gem of a story!

I like the Russ Heath Rodeo Clown story! :sumo:

Just kidding. All of those are very, very readable and enjoyable stories by 'A' Team artists.

Menace3.jpg

Actually the Rodeo clown story was my second fav from that issue. Heath was a great choice of artist for that one! (thumbs u

But the guy ripping his face off in Men in Black trumped it for me!

Oh btw AdamStrange, the more I see your fantastic copy of Menace #5, the more I appreciate how deep the red is on your copy around the word ZOMBIE!

My copy and all I've come across so far have very heavy fading of the red on the cover while yours is so nice and...er...bloody! (worship)

Just snagged this off ebay for $58 bucks shipped. Good deal or not?

Has some flaws and is posted over in the grading thread. Cover has nice gloss and staples are tight.

BlueBoltWeird112Front.jpg

That's an incredble deal, regardless of the flaws. The book presents beautifully, and you can read it (thumbs u

Thanks guys, I was unsure when I opened the priority envelope and found just the book (no bag or board :o ) and a piece of cardboard!

But it looks better than the auction scan below! :banana:

43033-bbw112.jpg.4a4cf612b1bbb81ca529744c63b50e28.jpg

That's a nice payoff from the crappy scan they used to list the book. Even more congratulations your way!

I believe thats the only reason I got it so cheap. I decided to take a rare gamble and bid only up to $65 hoping for the best and just got lucky! :blush:

Let me get this straight (looking at the back cover), you were supposed to "take off ugly fat" with a Tesla coil?

doh! That's just the plug! A Tesla coil to lose weight, that's absurd! You plug it in, apply to your belly and vibrate the fat away! :insane:

And I guess if you get bored you could "massage" other body parts, too. :o