• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,266 posts in this topic

Ok I need help from you guys. I've been trying to hunt down a Beyond #20 (Ace Periodicals) for some time now and can't find one in high grade. I want one in VF or better. Anyone know where I can find one? The best I've found is the 4.0 on Metropolis' website.

Here's what it looks like for those that don't know...

beyond20.jpg

Cool colors on that puppy! Nothing like a purple horror cover. 893applaud-thumb.gif

So I'm sitting with nothing to do and I thought, what the heck, post a comic.

1049002-Horrific6.jpg

1049002-Horrific6.jpg.b098cf2049c9ceabefbb342aca9ee063.jpg

Wow look od the condition of these books. Do you buy some slabbed and then crack them out?

Only a tiny fraction of my books were bought in slabs and I've posted no more than a handful of those.

Amazingly enough, high grade books existed prior to slabs. tongue.gif

I've been looking for this since San Diego Con this past year and this is be best one that I could find. I got it from Metropolis after calling them because they didn't have one listed on their website. While I still want a higher grade (if anyone has one for sale let me know) I'm happy to have one at all...

MyBeyond20.jpg

Cool book! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Looks like a pretty nice copy. Finding any one particular horror book in high grade can require a lot of patience.

If you wanted you could start collecting by theme starting with electric chair covers. There are quite a few nice ones.