• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,262 posts in this topic

What a BEAUTIFUL copy of that Chilling Tales, one of my top 5 horror covers easily. cloud9.gif

I do have the Weird Tales from 1949 he swiped from himself for that cover.

1507563-wt.jpg

Thanks for sharing the pulp! I believe that all three comic covers that Fox did were "do-overs". His style is perfectly suited to pre-code horror.

What a BEAUTIFUL copy of that Chilling Tales, one of my top 5 horror covers easily. cloud9.gif

I do have the Weird Tales from 1949 he swiped from himself for that cover.

1507563-wt.jpg

Thanks for sharing the pulp! I believe that all three comic covers that Fox did were "do-overs". His style is perfectly suited to pre-code horror.

Nice books everyone, and especially love this cover! Too cool! headbang.gif

Thought that I would post the rest of the Everett issues that still haven't been posted. These are among the finest 50's comics that I've read.

<center>

venus14metro.jpg<br><br>

venus15.jpg<br><br>

venus16.jpg<br><br>

venus17diamondrun.jpg<br><br>

</center>

Fabulous stuff. If you ever decide to part with those books, lmk....

Not sure exactly where to post this, but its pre code enough in my opinion. Its going in GGA too! cloud9.gif I have wanted a copy of this for about 20 years, and I finally got one. I never really searched for it, but It was on the back of my mind. I'll need an upgrade someday, as this is too fragile, but maybe in another 2o years. One of my favorite Harveys with a beautiful Nostrand cover...

1514305-flip.jpg

1514305-flip.jpg.deafb4a4cacdc00f507ba75eff75efbd.jpg

I love the horror comic influence on the covers of the early Mad comic and its imitators, many of which had eye-popping GGA women as well. Always a tempting sub-genre to collect(GGA-horror-humor covers).

Also - is the cover to Venus #13 really by Everett? I know that Overstreet says so, but it doesn't look like it to me.

hail.gif

What a beautiful Venus 17! "Cartoonist's Calamity" cloud9.gif

I love the horror comic influence on the covers of the early Mad comic and its imitators, many of which had eye-popping GGA women as well. Always a tempting sub-genre to collect(GGA-horror-humor covers).

Also - is the cover to Venus #13 really by Everett? I know that Overstreet says so, but it doesn't look like it to me.

Partial Everett -- he drew Venus.

Nice pickup of the Flip. Nostrand is like jack Davis, but with a thicker brush.

What was always surprising to me when I started getting into the EC comics was that Mad was intended as a parody of the EC horror titles. These early Mad competitors like Harvey did the same thing.

hail.gif

What a beautiful Venus 17! "Cartoonist's Calamity" cloud9.gif

Diamond Run thumbsup2.gif

Any other Venus issues from that collection?

Thought that I would post the rest of the Everett issues that still haven't been posted. These are among the finest 50's comics that I've read.

LOVE the Venus covers!!! Also really enjoyed the Flip cover that was posted - this thread rocks!! headbang.gif