• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,266 posts in this topic

Who did the Marvel Tales #95 cover?

I don't know but if you want a closer view of the crowd, here it is with the details in their full gory glory -

2259_o.jpg

Sorry for forcing all to scroll across the window but for once I think it's worth the inconvenience.

WOO-HOO! This was one of the hardest to reacquire books I have ever tried to track down! When I was in Highschool I remember mowing lawns to save the $25 needed to buy a copy of this at my LCS. It was brought to my attention because it was one of the little pics in the overstreet & mentioned as having a surrealistic cover. I at the time was Extremely into surrealism, so when I saw a copy for sale I did what I could to raise the money.

My senior year in HS I had a girlfriend who lived outside of the local calling area, and racked up a HUGE phone bill. (Remember when long distance calling was a big deal?) So I had to sell a bunch of books to a dealer friend to pay my bill, this was one of them. I sold my copy in 1991. From about 1995 on I decided I wanted to replace it, and granted I wasn't scouring the earth everyday for a copy, but I just could not turn one up. There was a beat to deat copy on ebay around 2003 I noticed, but it was just a horrible looking mess. So now, In the mail today was the book & my search is over.

Similarly to the Flip, its another macabre themed mad imitator... cloud9.gif Its a crime this isn't in gerber! mad.gif

1518772-madhouse4.jpg

1518772-madhouse4.jpg.82943b9ea896cf93811cb94ad03a3041.jpg

Outstanding! 893applaud-thumb.gif

What was the last issue you needed?