• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,262 posts in this topic

I've wanted a copy of this book ever since I saw the very first post in this thread! Paull, it's all your fault. :)

MyPictures007_zpsac61dc9e.jpg

That's great!

I've come to appreciate the Ajax books, not just for the covers on the ones just shared, but also for their offbeat and often off-the-wall stories.

HauntThrills7.jpg

So agree! Haunted Thrills #8 was the first of that title I ever saw, and one of my first precode purchases back in '98. I have the run now, and I really genuinely like each cover (not always the case with most precode titles.) I will try and get a group shot of them at some point. :)

And, of the run, Haunted Thrills #7 was the last one I found to complete it... but I'm not sure any of the issues are particularly more scarce, though demand for them may vary. #5, 6 and #9 may be my fave covers.

Vaultkeeper's #6 is gorgeous, and (happily for me) looks a lot like mine! :)

I've wanted a copy of this book ever since I saw the very first post in this thread! Paull, it's all your fault. :)

MyPictures007_zpsac61dc9e.jpg

Whoa, that's a gorgeous copy! :whatthe:

Bill Everett was at his peak I think in the early 50s. The interior art by him in this issue is simply amazing. Gotta crack this one out soon.

One of my favorite books. I still regret passing on the Bethlehem copy. Congrats on yours. (thumbs u

I've come to appreciate the Ajax books, not just for the covers on the ones just shared, but also for their offbeat and often off-the-wall stories.

That's the best part of the Ajax/Farrell books... outside of EC, I think they had the most entertaining stories of the pre-code era.

That's the best part of the Ajax/Farrell books... outside of EC, I think they had the most entertaining stories of the pre-code era.

Superiors were, wait for it............ superior. :slapfight: But right after them, Ajax/Farrell.

Both of these companies used the Iger shop to produce the art & stories for their entire line of comics so they are pretty similar in quality. I prefer the slightly wackier art and stories from Superior but wouldn't really begrudge anyone liking Ajax better. :foryou:

Love that book ,who was the cover artist someone know?

Paul Reinman I think.

I forgot to post the signed splash panel from Pep 32.

8403028726_b533d5c052_c.jpg

Cover originally posted by Speedy-D.

roly_poly_14_zpsc4f4e530.jpg

Note that the colors changed a little but more blood was added on the gate.

Edited by BB-Gun