• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,263 posts in this topic

I had a double cover of this issue too. I think I sold it at the Chicago Con in 2011. Can't be same book with old label, but what are the chances of that?

Edited by Moondog

I love those Atlas books with the little story squares on the left side. There is classic stuff in those little pictures.

Russ Heath told me that Stan gave them only the titles of the stories, which is why the illustrations have nothing to do with the stories that they purportedly apply to.

Suspense 14 CGC 7.0 OW/W. Palo Alto ped copy. Great Russ Heath cover, with the notorious hypodermic.

Suspense142_zps20d03013.jpg

This issue has a great horrifying story with great Russ Heath art...

Not my scans...

A classic pre-code story...tremendous stuff. Thanks for posting it.

Strange Suspense Stories 3, CGC 8.0 C/OW. George Evans is one of my all time favorite artists/creators, but even I have to admit that this cover seems a little hokey. It does convey the spirit of a really good, "really bad" grade B film that populated the movie theaters of the 1950's though.

SSS32_zps1f3842f0.jpg

i don't have much in this genre, but do so love all these books y'all are posting. here are my few.

spokane.jpg

Wow. Wanna sell it? :gossip:

He wont unless you can find a better Spokane for his pedigree type set!

that def AINT gonna happen!

PS get back to work on Serendip!! :makepoint::foryou:

Can I get some sleep first? lol

Being in the UK I often miss the late night conversations when the rest of you have obviously had one or two beers too many! I know because you start to slur your typing. Just catching up now...I certainly agree that this thread has taken off just recently!

And if we can post books long held I still get to play! :acclaim:

I'll be back to Serendip directly.

Work first; play later.

PS get back to work on Serendip!! :makepoint::foryou:

Can I get some sleep first? lol

Being in the UK I often miss the late night conversations when the rest of you have obviously had one or two beers too many! I know because you start to slur your typing. Just catching up now...I certainly agree that this thread has taken off just recently!

And if we can post books long held I still get to play! :acclaim:

I'll be back to Serendip directly.

Work first; play later. lol

I'd like to play too. Here's one I acquired this last year. Wish I had more.... :(

MA25scan.jpg

Always liked this cover, not just for the art, but the story title as well, which could only have come from the mind of Stan Lee.