• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,270 posts in this topic

Getting towards the end here......

One of the first books I ever wanted. First time I ever saw it was in the colored cover section of Overstreet 10. I swore one day I would own a copy....and this is one of the best.

Crime Does Not Pay 33, CGC 9.0 OW. Classic Charles Biro cover...with the hatchet wielding madman....and various strung up Bad Luck Charlies.

CDNP332.jpg

Last, but not least. I need to create a new scan that shows the entire book. Damn me for a lout. :)

My favorite Wolverton cover. White Mountain copy, and it contains one of my favorite Wolvie stories..which I will try to dig up the scans on.

Thanks for letting me share these again. The pre-code collection used to be twice this size....but they have since moved along to greener pastures. My collection is not huge, but I feel it is respectable.

WTOF51New_zps9152f522.jpg

Last, but not least. I need to create a new scan that shows the entire book. Damn me for a lout. :)

My favorite Wolverton cover. White Mountain copy, and it contains one of my favorite Wolvie stories..which I will try to dig up the scans on.

Thanks for letting me share these again. The pre-code collection used to be twice this size....but they have since moved along to greener pastures. My collection is not huge, but I feel it is respectable.

WTOF51New_zps9152f522.jpg

:applause: That's an excellent collection of pre codes and you can't go wrong closing with a great Wolverton book.

The Unseen 7

TheUnseen7_zps792f3b17.jpg

:cloud9: Wonderful run of classic covers. I've always loved this one. Female vampires - they're my favourites (and I like them in comics as well).

I had a copy of this about 20 years ago but was really disappointed tha the cover didnt relate to an interior story. I always wondered if the cover related to a story published in another issue. Does anyone happen to know? That cover tells a heckuva story anyway!

Who is Next 5.....a tough, tough book. I paid through the nose for this copy.....but hell, it never comes up for sale. Contains what I consider Toth's greatest story, "The Crushed Gardenia". I wanted a copy for that reason alone.

WhoIsNext5new_zps13b8c82f.jpg

Cover to cover one of the best comics of all in terms of both art and story. As far as I recollect every story is about a serial killer. (Am I right Scott?)

WhoisNext585.jpg

One of the first books I ever wanted. First time I ever saw it was in the colored cover section of Overstreet 10. I swore one day I would own a copy....and this is one of the best.

Crime Does Not Pay 33, CGC 9.0 OW. Classic Charles Biro cover...with the hatchet wielding madman....and various strung up Bad Luck Charlies.

CDNP332.jpg

Great copy of a great book. I think this is the one that features a Rudy Palais story about a female bluebeard who considers herself too beautiful for any man to deserve, so she kills all of her suitors and plays skittles with their bones.

I've always been interested in these examples of ealry precursors of PCH. There are some outstanding Lev Gleasons. Alongside #33 I think these three rate most highly for me, though of course there are many others!

BoyComics1190Crowley_zps60c7fe01.jpg

DaredevilComics1180.jpg

CrimeDoesNotPay2455.jpg

CDNP332.jpg

:cloud9:

Respectable? That's an understatement, your collection is freakin awesome Scott. Those WTOF copies are just amazing, and... Well you already know how I feel about your 33... ;)

The Unseen 7

TheUnseen7_zps792f3b17.jpg

:cloud9: Wonderful run of classic covers. I've always loved this one. Female vampires - they're my favourites (and I like them in comics as well).

I had a copy of this about 20 years ago but was really disappointed tha the cover didnt relate to an interior story. I always wondered if the cover related to a story published in another issue. Does anyone happen to know? That cover tells a heckuva story anyway!

:o Wolverine's mother?!?!?? At last the origin is found! lol

It's about a murder committed by a jilted lover.

Cover to cover one of the best comics of all in terms of both art and story. As far as I recollect every story is about a serial killer. (Am I right Scott?)

Thanks for posting all of those killer books, Scott (thumbs u

Agreed. :headbang:

Oh, and about the re-posting of these: MODS NOTIFIED!!! :kidaround:

I sold most of my cool books but kept this one:

http:bcat33.jpg

Shocking! :o