• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,263 posts in this topic

They honestly don't get much better than this issue to me.....all Ditko. One of the truly classic Ditko horror covers, and 5 interior stories..all by the man. Incredible.

The Thing! 15, CGC 8.5 OW/W

Thing152_zpsf9325c6e.jpg

I think one can make the case for this as the strongest of all PCH titles, and within that the Ditko run from #12 to #15 as good as anything in the genre. #12 might arguably have a better cover, but this might be the strongest issue overall and I cant recall ever seeing a better copy.

Gorgeous copy of a truly cool book.

Uncanny Tales 1, CGC 8.0 OW/W White Mountain copy. Courtesy of the late Jerry Weist. He was a good guy.

UncannyTales12_zps96e31099.jpg

This is another stunner.

Anyone have a nice copy of 17? I love that cover.

Who is Next 5.....a tough, tough book. I paid through the nose for this copy.....but hell, it never comes up for sale. Contains what I consider Toth's greatest story, "The Crushed Gardenia". I wanted a copy for that reason alone.

WhoIsNext5new_zps13b8c82f.jpg

Cover to cover one of the best comics of all in terms of both art and story. As far as I recollect every story is about a serial killer. (Am I right Scott?)

WhoisNext585.jpg

I would have to go back and check as my memory is failing me. I remember when that 8.5 came up for auction. It is beautiful.

Getting towards the end here......

One of the first books I ever wanted. First time I ever saw it was in the colored cover section of Overstreet 10. I swore one day I would own a copy....and this is one of the best.

Crime Does Not Pay 33, CGC 9.0 OW. Classic Charles Biro cover...with the hatchet wielding madman....and various strung up Bad Luck Charlies.

CDNP332.jpg

:cloud9:

Respectable? That's an understatement, your collection is freakin awesome Scott. Those WTOF copies are just amazing, and... Well you already know how I feel about your 33... ;)

Thanks Adam. The 33 is easy to love. :)

They honestly don't get much better than this issue to me.....all Ditko. One of the truly classic Ditko horror covers, and 5 interior stories..all by the man. Incredible.

The Thing! 15, CGC 8.5 OW/W

Thing152_zpsf9325c6e.jpg

I think one can make the case for this as the strongest of all PCH titles, and within that the Ditko run from #12 to #15 as good as anything in the genre. #12 might arguably have a better cover, but this might be the strongest issue overall and I cant recall ever seeing a better copy.

I think a 9.4 came up on CLink a few years ago....but I already had my 8.5, which I feel is a very strong 8.5. Decided to let a run at the 9.4 go.

I love this cover....one of my definite faves.

Strange Suspense Stories 18, CGC 8.5 C/OW Northford copy. Ditko!

SSS18_zps4c565102.jpg

I think this is my favourite Ditko cover. Great copy! Richard, didnt you recently acquire a nice copy of this one as well?

This is a close second for me in my list of favorite Ditko covers. The last time I checked, this was the highest graded copy.

SSS18_zps4c565102.jpg

I think this is my favourite Ditko cover. Great copy! Richard, didnt you recently acquire a nice copy of this one as well?

This is a close second for me in my list of favorite Ditko covers. The last time I checked, this was the highest graded copy.

That book looks to be at least a 9.0 to me... Sharp corners and a very nice spine.... (shrug)

SSS18_zps4c565102.jpg

I did. Just a great, great cover.