• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,277 posts in this topic

Some semi-recent purchases, some a bit older that I hadn't had a chance to scan...

strangeworlds1_zps986f34af.jpg

STT11_zpsa2adbb18.jpg

VOOODOO2_zpscb12d8c1.jpg

bluebolt116_zpsf85c396e.jpg

Wow, awesome books. That is a wonderful copy of the black title Startling Terror Tales 11

It looked great in the pics... Great cover gloss and a nice looking spine... I just have a hard time spending that kind of money on a raw book on ebay now a days. Even with the backstory.

That and I dont trust the right edge front cover. Is a color change area rght on the edge that could suggest color touch

It just looked super glossy to me... I can't tell on those kinds of pics, well apparently according to the GA grading contest I can't tell from a super huge scan either... :P

If it's not a good scan I won't bid a huge amount of money like that. Makes me think that there's little things hiding I can't see in the camera pic.

Regardless, it looked like a great book from what I did see and that book seems to be very scarce in HG. Hopefully someone will be very happy with it and I'll see it in a 9.0 slab down the road.

Edited by Twistty1

I agree with Twistty1. The book looked real nice from the scans, but I'm not willing to bid high $$ for a raw book without actualy seeing it. I'm willing to take a chance and roll the dice on less expensive books, but on something like this, I'd like to see a CGC grade on it. My 2 cents.

Edited by vaultkeeper