• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,259 posts in this topic

I'm going out on a limb and predict I will own that book.

Good luck Gabe! It really does look nice. All the various defects appear to be on the back cover, and mostly pressable, maybe a bit of wear upper right back cover corner. The freakin' front cover looks 9.4 at a glance, great surfaces and corners.

Dang. Looks like a VF- copy of BCM #50 is a 3K book these days. Just ended on the bay. :)

Here is something that shocks me - a Marvel Tales 128 CGC 7.0 went for $1000 on comiconnect? Huh, what...I would like to think I have an idea of what Marvel Tales are worth, but this one tripled my expectation.

Bizarre to me.

Johnny

I hung on to the Reform School Girls tonight til it hit $7500...now I'm thinking at that point, what was another $500??? Oh well.

That was a beautiful copy with great registration. Much nicer than a couple of the 8.0's I've seen. I actually thought that price was a reasonable for that copy, especially considering it sold for over 11k 5 years ago.

But it's not the highest graded. ;)

Edited by Twistty1

Dang. Looks like a VF- copy of BCM #50 is a 3K book these days. Just ended on the bay. :)

Here is something that shocks me - a Marvel Tales 128 CGC 7.0 went for $1000 on comiconnect? Huh, what...I would like to think I have an idea of what Marvel Tales are worth, but this one tripled my expectation.

Bizarre to me.

Johnny

I'd agree, it's a cool cover and OK issue, but $1000 for F/VF? Hmm. No idea! There's the person or persons chasing Mystery Tales at crazy prices, but Marvel Tales?

If so all my few random equivalent quality issues of Marvel Tales are definitely for sale at $1000 a pop! :D

Bizarre to me.

Johnny

I'd agree, it's a cool cover and OK issue, but $1000 for F/VF? Hmm. No idea! There's the person or persons chasing Mystery Tales at crazy prices, but Marvel Tales?

If so all my few random equivalent quality issues of Marvel Tales are definitely for sale at $1000 a pop! :D

The Mystery Tales prices did go crazy didn't they....why? Why have Journey into Mystery and Mystery Tales in high grade gone through the roof and other Atlas horror titles haven't...curious.

Edited by Johnny545

Not really sure Johnny! If I have a chance soon, I hope to post some precodes that I've either rediscovered my scans I posted 10 years ago, or never shared at all yet. Here's my Web of Evil #5 I also just placed in the Web of Evil thread. One of my fave covers. :)

4.jpg