• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,257 posts in this topic

Thanks. 7 is cool, but I'd have a hard time not considering 8 one of my all-time favorite covers.

It's just one of those things for me. I like 8 OK, but love the skeleton's expression on 7. Compared to the other classic covers, BCM 50, MM 12, DM 19 and the like, for me # 8 comes in behind them.

Now that all said, I still wouldn't mind owning a copy. But I would pursue other classics a little more, given the choice!

Little things get to me, and I love the bloodshot eyeballs of the ghoul cooking up the shrunken heads. Just one of those silly details that makes me want to buy a comic. It isn't rational, but that little thing makes the cover of 8 a classic to me.

I dont disagree at all! I think what draws me to 8 is the cauldron's bubbles. As to #7, I'm just a sucker for creepy, grinning skeletons, have been for as long as i can remember... In that sense I'm like the editor of story comics... A good horror comic could be measured by the amount of skulls present, & the more the better! :)

outoftheshadows8.jpg

It's very scary, Richard. :fear:

Hold me.

Don't loose your head.

Little things get to me, and I love the bloodshot eyeballs of the ghoul cooking up the shrunken heads. Just one of those silly details that makes me want to buy a comic. It isn't rational, but that little thing makes the cover of 8 a classic to me.

yeah, we really needed to be told you weren't rational. thanks.

yeah, we really needed to be told you weren't rational. thanks.

Coke zero projected on the keyboard moment.

Pre-code by a hair...

9a74f782-a986-4004-bb82-f95fa2d95f2f_zps7df9681e.jpg[/img]

me and my buddy russ LOVE this cover. nice book, sir.

I like it but both of my imaginary friends are ambivalent.

Pre-code by a hair...

9a74f782-a986-4004-bb82-f95fa2d95f2f_zps7df9681e.jpg[/img]

me and my buddy russ LOVE this cover. nice book, sir.

I like it but both of my imaginary friends are ambivalent.

It is such a random cover in this run of books, just doesn't seem to fit in, which is why I like it.

It is such a random cover in this run of books, just doesn't seem to fit in, which is why I like it.
Atlas pre-code titles are seem to have fairly random cover assignment. I do love the exquisite pencil & inking on this cover. The original art must have been amazing.