• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,289 posts in this topic

Thanks vaultkeeper! Though they pale compared to the quality of books that folks like you and adamstrange have, the beauty of PCH is a nicely-presenting classic cover in VG can be just as satisfying as a VF/NM.

Well, maybe not quite as satisfying, but sometimes pretty darn close! For me anyway. :)

Appreciate the kind words. Hurrah weekend!

the beauty of PCH is a nicely-presenting classic cover in VG can be just as satisfying as a VF/NM.
(thumbs u

What a horrifically splendid set of pre-codes! :cloud9:

Many of these are particular favorites of mine and haven't been posted much or not at all.

Dark Mysteries #11

964784-dm11.jpg

Always nice to "discover" covers. Thank you for posting all those ghastly comic books.

For sure Scrooge! I know looking at your posts I often see books I've never laid eyes on before. :)

This one's in the Gerbers, but there are portions of runs, PCH and otherwise that didn't make the cut for whatever reason. Always cool when you see one of those in person (of course I can't think of any off top of my head.)

Always liked the particularly menacing skeleton on this one. That's a spook with a (bone)chip on his shoulder!

the beauty of PCH is a nicely-presenting classic cover in VG can be just as satisfying as a VF/NM.
(thumbs u

Many of these are particular favorites of mine and haven't been posted much or not at all.

I've not seen a lot of those ever posted before. Great looking collection!

(thumbs u

Thanks so much adamstrange -- I didn't post as much even earlier today ('cause it gets pretty repetitive for me to observe this on all your posts) -- but the books you show are SUCH consistent gems -- I am always in awe/speechless. Appreciate it! :)

(thumbs u

I've not seen a lot of those ever posted before. Great looking collection!

Thanks cheetah! I've got others I need to post (but unfortunately they're "eh" quality digital snapshots, vs. scans) but I'm trying to tweak them to be presentable.

The fact that you find this grouping cool is totally flattering and much appreciated. As with adamstrange, I am always in awe of the scope and condition of the books you post. :)

Thx Johnny! Both favorites for me as well. For both, the main figures are so well drawn, such striking expressions. Then there's the artistry of the overall compositions - the terrified guards, the blown leaves. Cherry on top is the coloring for both. On the web, that shade of orange screams Halloween perfectly. :)