• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
42 42

22,399 posts in this topic

Love the colors on this one. The blue and green make it very moody.

7 corpses running through a graveyard littered with skulls is a nice touch also...

Spellbound19_zps6714f7fd.jpg

..... this one always stood out to me also...... Everett was quite the master. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Might have to buy that book to finish reading the story I am intrigued.

It has a very depressing and nihilistic ending.

** SPOILER ALERT ** :baiting:

Might have to buy that book to finish reading the story I am intrigued.

It has a very depressing and nihilistic ending.

** SPOILER ALERT ** :baiting:

I lied. It's actually more like a Disney movie - Snow White comes to mind.

More like Bambi vs Godzilla! lol

I don't understand why this auction is going crazy like this. Maybe I'm missing something and someone here can shed a little light on it for me. It is a great cover and does seem like a nice copy, but....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Journey-Into-Mystery-6-CGC-6-5-Horror-Heath-Bill-Everett-Atlas-Golden-Age-Comic-/131092554468?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1e85b9a2e4

Atlas is hot right now? (shrug)

The Strange Tales #29 6.0 sold for $2655 recently on CLink.

I think the JIM is a far more desirable book than the ST but that's just my opinion. Seeing the recent "sold for" prices for Precode Atlas horror I think it's about right.

I agree, I think the JIM #6 Everett Cover blows away the cover on Strange Tales that sold for $2655. Both books do not have examples in 8.0 or better too. So the 6/7 range is pretty much the best you can find on this book.

Edited by Comixcroz

Thanks guys... It also seems as though the mania is mostly focused on the Everette books as well. Makes me wish I had picked up a few I remember seeing on sites a few years ago before this recent explosion in prices.

Thanks guys... It also seems as though the mania is mostly focused on the Everette books as well. Makes me wish I had picked up a few I remember seeing on sites a few years ago before this recent explosion in prices.

Metro was knee deep in them a couple of years ago.... it's amazing how many they've sold. Their JIM and ST inventory is almost wiped out....pre code, that is... There's a couple of big guns who love Atlas and when they have their sets finished there may e a slight correction..... but Atlas has several things going for it in regards to long term staying power... the stories are somewhat sophisticated, they're fairly scarce, and they're precursors to Marvel. Although Everett is my favorite.... the Maneely, Burgos, Brodsky, Anderson, and occasional Kweskin covers have some RADICAL top shelf examples.... and the dark, yet garishly colorful cover art looks SO good in grade. It's a recipe for growth.... if that's your thing. Personally.... I'm glad the fervor has yet to spill over into Atlas war. Pretty examples from that genre can still be had for less than a Franklin in most cases... GOD BLESS...

Metro was knee deep in them a couple of years ago.... it's amazing how many they've sold. Their JIM and ST inventory is almost wiped out....pre code, that is... There's a couple of big guns who love Atlas and when they have their sets finished there may e a slight correction..... but Atlas has several things going for it in regards to long term staying power... the stories are somewhat sophisticated, they're fairly scarce, and they're precursors to Marvel. Although Everett is my favorite.... the Maneely, Burgos, Brodsky, Anderson, and occasional Kweskin covers have some RADICAL top shelf examples.... and the dark, yet garishly colorful cover art looks SO good in grade. It's a recipe for growth.... if that's your thing. Personally.... I'm glad the fervor has yet to spill over into Atlas war. Pretty examples from that genre can still be had for less than a Franklin in most cases... GOD BLESS...

True enough regarding the Atlas War titles. They're like a land mine waiting to explode! :D

Personally.... I'm glad the fervor has yet to spill over into Atlas war. Pretty examples from that genre can still be had for less than a Franklin in most cases...

combat1.jpg

Personally.... I'm glad the fervor has yet to spill over into Atlas war. Pretty examples from that genre can still be had for less than a Franklin in most cases...

combat1.jpg

...damn that's sweet....... less than a grand too, I bet. High grade Atlas is Phat :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

P.S. For a little while longer, a mere Mortal can still frolic in the Kingdom of Atlas..... I wish I could've gone through the boxes of River City's back in the day. I remember seeing some ads in CBG....but back then I couldn't put down the booze long enough to get 10 bucks together..... nor enough gas to get out of town, much less to Californy lol

A good appraisal, Jim. Doesn't explain the sudden ramping of interest in the last year or so, but one can never second guess the market...

.... a couple of the titles are still in the realm of sanity.... like Suspense. I never could figure why that was..... it's the only title(that I know of) from Atlas that's a 52 page PCH. It doesn't have quite as many "off the charts" covers as some of the other titles.... but the stories are fairly good. If someone out there hasn't had an Atlas PCH yet, Suspense 23 is pound for pound one of the best examples out there.... and a solid copy can be had for 75 bucks or so. GOD BLESS...

Edited by jimjum12