• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
42 42

22,416 posts in this topic

nice stuff jeff; love the branching out you've been doing. that is some well-rounded collection you're acquiring. i know i'm going to be very happy i'm complete when the day comes that timely becomes your focus.

I think Jeff should acquire a complete set of the most AWESOME COMICS EVER (Timely's, of course :headbang:) before doing any branching out.

He can come back in a decade or two and go after some of the trifles like pre-code horror. :whistle:

lol Thanks, Billy. I made a pact with a friend that I wouldn't go after Timelys and Atlas and he wouldn't go after my titles. I'm sticking to it for now.

And the truth is, finding nice PCH is like turning over rocks looking for creepy crawlies. They are very hard to find so the rate of purchase has been pretty slow. Finding the good ones, though, is pretty nice.

nice stuff jeff; love the branching out you've been doing. that is some well-rounded collection you're acquiring. i know i'm going to be very happy i'm complete when the day comes that timely becomes your focus.

I think Jeff should acquire a complete set of the most AWESOME COMICS EVER (Timely's, of course :headbang:) before doing any branching out.

He can come back in a decade or two and go after some of the trifles like pre-code horror. :whistle:

lol Thanks, Billy. I made a pact with a friend that I wouldn't go after Timelys and Atlas and he wouldn't go after my titles. I'm sticking to it for now.

You know what I call a person like that? Ex-friend :kidaround:

lol Eerie 5 & 9 with the same gal down to the earrings. Never noticed.

Sweetness :applause:

There's a decent amount of swiping going on in that title but when you cover artists include Check and Hollingsworth that's pretty typical.

Nice pickup, cheetah! :applause:

Terrific Strange Tales 6, Johnny!

The Eerie gal who gets around is a Wally Wood creation originally. I would imagine they reused her to save some time in producing the cover for #9, because why reinvent the wheel? :) Must have been a stat made off of the old cover, would be interesting if the Eerie #9 original art exists, to see how it was put together.