• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,281 posts in this topic

Another great book from Andrew at GAcollectibles. Don't know if I like the main cover image or the immortal side panel better:

Astonishing29.jpg

Nice looking copy John. Always love seeing the large scans, never noticed the webbed hand before. I always assumed it was just a typical zombie! thumbsup2.gif

BTW: the side panel "The Immortal" very much resembles Everetts Zombie on the cover of Menace # 5.

1401657-Menace%235.jpg

589a8d181563c_1401657-Menace5.jpg.d54d85f3374082c4b07b7985a7d8c6b5.jpg

And since we're all showing off our GACollectibles purchases, I might as well too...

The solid green background and that haunting stare is just killer on this book. The ghouls in the background help too! thumbsup2.gif

1402125-AdventuresIntoTerror%2322.jpg

589a8d181bbee_1402125-AdventuresIntoTerror22.jpg.5b3ec94aeaaf02eb06f53d9e39de98e1.jpg

this book I bought / sold last year...thought you guys would appreciate the great cover art ........

1405990-weirdmysteries_7_3.5002.jpg

That's a nice looking VG-!! Looks better than my fine copy! 893whatthe.gif

This book had a beautiful spine and real nice rear cover....there was a non color breaking crease that ran the length of the front cover mad.gif --- hence the 3.5 grade

Edited by showcase-4

this book I bought / sold last year...thought you guys would appreciate the great cover art ........

This book had a beautiful spine and real nice rear cover....there was a non color breaking crease that ran the length of the front cover mad.gif --- hence the 3.5 grade

Diagonal from above the "I" in "weird" to the right of the ten cent price? I can sort of see it. Even with that 3.5 is still too harsh.

Diagonal from above the "I" in "weird" to the right of the ten cent price? I can sort of see it. Even with that 3.5 is still too harsh.

yup...your eyes are workin' real good today. I was also disapointed with the 3.5....I was thinking more like 5.0 ish tongue.gif

Here's a real common book. 27_laughing.gif Bought last year, but just scanned... sorry for the poor quality scan... the book is much nicer (CGC 3.5) than it looks here. Outside of the obvious defect, it's quite nice.

1407010-img715.jpg

1407010-img715.jpg.e4b74b88d96b22db07a89d9e32752ec0.jpg

Edited by paull

Here's a real common book. 27_laughing.gif Bought last year, but just scanned... sorry for the poor quality scan... the book is much nicer (CGC 3.5) than it looks here. Outside of the obvious defect, it's quite nice.

1407010-img715.jpg

I know it pre-dates it but that looks like the first Hulk cover appearence to me!

Great book! thumbsup2.gif

1407010-img715.jpg

I know it pre-dates it but that looks like the first Hulk cover appearence to me!

Great book! thumbsup2.gif

"Mr. Fixit" prototype cover??

I agree, way cool! thumbsup2.gif

Yep, great pickup Paul!

That must be one of the earlier out-and-out horror covers on a comic, no? (As opposed to covers of other genres with horror elements.) Offhand I can't think of too many from that early.

This book would probably be one of the last 2-3 books I would ever sell. I had a real hard time locating one, and I remember telling Comicdey that I'll probably see three of them on eBay right after I bought it. The copy I bought is the only one I've seen for sale in the past three years.

I certainly seems to be one of the earliest horror-style covers. L.B. Cole was one of the few at the time doing horror covers even when the book interiors were not horror-related (Thrilling Crime, Mask Comics, Suspense Comics).

Edited by paull

This book would probably be one of the last 2-3 books I would ever sell. I had a real hard time locating one, and I remember telling Comicdey that I'll probably see three of them on eBay right after I bought it. The copy I bought is the only one I've seen for sale in the past three years.

I certainly seems to be one of the earliest horror-style covers. L.B. Cole was one of the few at the time doing horror covers even when the book interiors were not horror-related (Thrilling Crime, Mask Comics, Suspense Comics).

I was hoping to see two or three on ebay because I'd like one also. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Did you check out my copy of the Thing #3 and the miscut Worlds of Fear issue? confused-smiley-013.gif

Don't you check your PM's anymore 27_laughing.gif