• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
42 42

22,415 posts in this topic

Most likely scenario, I set it aside and misplaced it or accidently put back into one of the boxes as I was pulling and replacing books. I was going through a few boxes picking books that day. The good news is that I just picked up a CGC'd ped copy. So it's not all bad, thankfully.

Angelo

and another Superior came my way today.... :cloud9: Classic issue with a superior standard plot involving a dead woman and her live grieving lover. What to do, how to get over my grief... of course, commit suicide! We can be together forever then...Great message! doh! It's shocking how many of those type of stories superior did. "Heart of the Corpse" is a complete classic of Superior's logic... A mean boss fires an employee who has a a sick wife. Unable to care for her now, he kills his wife & commits suicide (Again with the suicide) Another employee is so outraged at this mean boss, he kills the and goes to the chair for it. While a doctor is examing the dead boss' body, he takes his heart out (it looks like a giant Lucky Charms Marshmallow) and declares that it is made out of stone. The the mean ol' boss comes back to life and kills the doctor, wanting his heart back. Then the two employess who died previously (Suicide & chair execution) come back to life to rip the mean ol' boss apart. lol WTF!!!! doh!

1195939993_172bd58716_o.jpg

I'm glad you scored another copy Angelo, I was feeling bad about posting this until your last post...

1195940627_745491c01d_o.jpg

I am really glad to have a copy of this book again. Not only one of my fave covers, but one of the toughest to find issues with Matt fox art.

No need to feel bad on my behalf, but I appreciate the sentiment that you and everyone else on the boards have expressed. It has really given me a sense of "family". By the way, nice MT 12 (thumbs u

Angelo

Honey, I'm home! :insane:

Menace11.jpg

Nice looking book Jay.....why are the scariest monsters always green?

Scott

Atlas did more and better green pch covers than anyone and I, for one, am grateful!

Every story in that issue is a winner, especially the Heath. I showed it to him a few years ago and he was still pleased with his work on it (he's terribly self-critical so it was not an idle comment).

I'm glad you scored another copy Angelo, I was feeling bad about posting this until your last post...

I am really glad to have a copy of this book again. Not only one of my fave covers, but one of the toughest to find issues with Matt fox art.

No need to feel bad on my behalf, but I appreciate the sentiment that you and everyone else on the boards have expressed. It has really given me a sense of "family". By the way, nice MT 12 (thumbs u

Angelo

Can I be the vindictive older brother who rejoices in your misfortune? :devil:

Angelo

Can I be the vindictive older brother who rejoices in your misfortune? :devil:

Please, feel free :grin:

Most likely scenario, I set it aside and misplaced it or accidently put back into one of the boxes as I was pulling and replacing books. I was going through a few boxes picking books that day. The good news is that I just picked up a CGC'd ped copy. So it's not all bad, thankfully.

Angelo

That's great to hear! What ped is it from, not another BA copy I hope? doh!

Ya know, for an issue that I thought was supposed to be HTF...there's been a bunch floating around lately. hm:whistle:

Angelo

That's great to hear! What ped is it from, not another BA copy I hope? doh!

Ya know, for an issue that I thought was supposed to be HTF...there's been a bunch floating around lately. hm:whistle:

No, Bethlehem CGC 8.0 :grin:

Angelo

that is 4 copies of MT12 recently, the 4th is in Quicksilver's inventory in the UK. No other dealers have one though, and it hasn't been on ebay in god knows how long, so I think it still is one of the tougher Atlas books, I do think Menace #1 is tougher without a doubt though. A couple issues of Strange Tales in the teens may beat it too.

Edited by shiverbones

My Chilling Tales #13 arrived today! It was a bit of a chance auction since the pictures were not very good. It was described as GD, but looked better. Great eye appeal, slight miscut and a nickel sized water stain by the monster's elbows. I'd say it's a VG, strongly together, so I am verry happy! The only down note, is the Matt Fox story is printed so off center on the page it actually cuts into the 1st line of type in the top row of panels. :(

1205968192_b8d31f33f0_o.jpg

Edited by shiverbones

Last for today, but certainly not least! This issue contains one of the most twisted and horrific stories I have ever seen in a horror comic. A man goes to see a witch about being eternally young, and his wish is granted, he doesn't age & can't die. Well he ends up getting himself hung. He can't die, so now he is running around with his head totally spun around backwards. Since he can't see where he is going he walks into a fire and burns his hands & half of his face off. So now he is stumbling through the rest of the story in a panic, horribly disfigured AND with his head facing the wrong way, trying to get the witch to kill him. The panels of him walking with the head spun around are just WRONG!

1205104711_ef1c00cae0_o.jpg

Edited by shiverbones