• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,284 posts in this topic

GREAT MAIL DAY!!!

1st up a book I have wanted since 1986, but never picked one up until now! Its from 1951, which is earlier then I would have guessed for this book. 2 Powell stories & 1 Bailey inside.

1252283637_bfd973c70a_o.jpg

Sweet cover (thumbs u Added to list, thank you.

And this is a book I always liked, but never loved. After having it in hand, I can now say "I love it!" Seems to be one of the tougher Standards to find...

1253145462_aea6e8152e_o.jpg

The look on the dude carrying the trunk is classic. Very Don Knotts :applause:

1253144966_64cac7edca_o.jpg

Got those in the back yard. They're a pain in the .

Pain in the neck? hm

The artist is Krigstein and the Powell alien/vampire plant story in that issue is one of my favorites.

And this is a book I always liked, but never loved. After having it in hand, I can now say "I love it!" Seems to be one of the tougher Standards to find...

1253145462_aea6e8152e_o.jpg

Shiver, great books! It seems you are rebuilding a nice precode collection once again. This is a book I've recently taken notice to, kind of shocking and silly wrapped together! (thumbs u

Bats are good! They eat Mosquitos!

It can get quite buggy around my area too and we have a nice squadron of bats that fly around our neighborhood.

I think they are fascinating to watch while my girlfriend still believes they will get tangled in her hair! lol

Thanks Jay! I have been toying with the idea of rebuilding for awhile, and decided to go for it back in Late June. The prices had come down so much I was buying a lot of cheap random stuff, but then eventually started paying for the books I really wanted. And I am hooked again! It was heartbreaking having to get rid of it all before, so I was very hesitant to rebuild.

Wow! Never knew that was Krigstein before! It certainly is different from his later work. It's right there in OS, but I missed it.

He used a number of styles so it's not always that easy to id it unless you've seen a lot. I don't think I would have figured that one out on my own.

Pain in the neck? hm

Yeah, I guess being vampire bats they would be a pain in the neck, wouldn't they.

I used to have the same problem until we got our dog. She took care of those bats in no time (shrug) -

42924-RexBat.jpg.84e16b26cfdcef1deb4946ff545d7487.jpg

Pain in the neck? hm

Yeah, I guess being vampire bats they would be a pain in the neck, wouldn't they.

I used to have the same problem until we got our dog. She took care of those bats in no time (shrug) -

You own Rex, the Wonder Dog!??!! :o

Hasn't your dog been known to go on wild weekend drinking binges also? (tsk)

:sorry: Yup, that's pretty sad when it happens 'cuz the old boy really doesn't remember the embarassing moments, beer goggles and all -

42929-RexLicked.jpg.d829331ab1cf31405a72616d65e314d3.jpg